Barnes 25 caliber 101 LRX?

antleredacres

Joined the .257 Bee groupies and acquired a new to me "custom" chambered for the .257 Weatherby. Started getting some bullets to try. I was able to get a box of the before mentioned bullets. Anyone have any real life experience using this bullet? I would really like to hear how it preformed.

Not that particular bullet but i've shot a truck load of assorted Barnes in my life. Out of the .257Roy, that bullet should scream! But I do see it running out of steam fairly quick as well.

How far do you intend to shoot it?

t

Yeah, shouldn't they make a 120LRX? Pretty limited number of 257 cartridges to use it in though.

Joined the .257 Bee groupies and acquired a new to me "custom" chambered for the .257 Weatherby. Started getting some bullets to try. I was able to get a box of the before mentioned bullets. Anyone have any real life experience using this bullet? I would really like to hear how it preformed.
Does it stabilize in a 10 twist? I also just yesterday picked up my new to me wby vanguard stainless in .257 bee haha. Itching to try it out. I love the old school belted magnums, here's my 3 main rifles as of now, from top down a savage 111 long range hunter in .300 win mag, a beautiful BRNO ZG47 circa 1956 that was rebarreled to .358 norma magnum, and the new used vanguard in 257 weatherby magnum. A capable trio! (The dogs are not locked up, they choose to lay in their kennels half the day - lazy haha!)

My friend has shot .257 wby a long time and is a huge fan of the 100 grain ttsx in that cartridge, his wife has taken not only deer but elk and moose with that round, all one shot kills (and she reminds him that he's never got
An elk as big as the one she got a few years ago haha)

The round is easy to fall in love with. I'd argue less actual recoil than a .270 (though bigger blast and flash), hits as hard as a .30-06, shoots flatter than a .243 by far…what's not to love!?!?

Attachments

• 8F26975E-C6FF-4280-8663-E48A1C7633A6.jpeg
    8F26975E-C6FF-4280-8663-E48A1C7633A6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
Yeah, shouldn't they make a 120LRX? Pretty limited number of 257 cartridges to use it in though.

Cutting Edge does offer a 115grn MTH. I've used the MTH in 6.5mm and they shot better than Barnes & killed just as well.

t

Just got done with some load development with the 101 LRX. I used the same data from the 100 TTsx, the powder charge ended up being .3 difference and only a tad slow. I shoot the 100 gr TTSX at 3650 and the 101 was at 3600 and a tad over. I didn't go farther than that.

Cutting Edge does offer a 115grn MTH. I've used the MTH in 6.5mm and they shot better than Barnes & killed just as well.

t
Those require minimum 1:8 twist.

I used it with rl26 with good success. I started a thread about this bullet last year wish I could figure out how to link it here it had some decent info and a couple kill pics.

@Steves1911 Is this the one?

t

@Steves1911 Is this the one?

t
Thats it