**New** Barnes LRX 208 gr in 30 caliber

Just got a bunch of these in and they are quite a bit slicker than any LRX bullet I've seen yet (minus the 212 gr Bore Rider)

Apparrently Barnes redesigned the entire bullet geared towards lower velocity expansion for long range hunting and improved the bc over the previous LRX version

Need at least an 8.5 Twist barrel and luckily I had 8 twist barrels installed on several of my wildcats and have 4 barrels in 7.5 twist coming by mid summer

Can't wait to see what they have coming in 338 cal

View attachment 270994
Barnes has said this bullet will stabilize with a 1/10 twist barrel . Havent loaded any yet but will sone as I can get more powder

The size of that tip is encouraging...means a truly effective low velocity hollow point below.

same thing with the 225 eld m...the tip on those is waaaay bigger than the tip on the 208 eldm. One of several reasons I opt for them.

if I find time I just might play with these (except all I got is a 10 twist...still, it has no trouble stabilizing the 225 eld. Are these that much longer still?)

as 257tony has said, a length on these would be interesting. They look slick indeed.

You'll have to check the tips don't melt tho...wouldn't want liquified plastic splattering all over your moose and defeating the point of these non-toxic bullets 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Barnes said will work with 1/10 twist

Barnes has said this bullet will stabilize with a 1/10 twist barrel . Havent loaded any yet but will sone as I can get more powder
I am pretty sure he knows that. Unfortunately, he is no longer with LRH. 🤬

He is a great source of information, esp. when it comes to wildcat cartridges. He has some bad arse wildcats and cool names to go with it. You can find him in FB, though.