Barnes 235 tsx in 375 and 200 eldx pro hunter on hogs

Oldschool280

took my son and a pal back down to okeechobee for hogs and varmints. Killed three hogs between 50 and 75 yards with the h&h launching the 235 tsx at 3050 fps. Put the bullets in the shoulder just to see how they performed. Hogs went down like a head shot. Bullets passed right through and were not recovered . Left a neat entrance and exit. When the hogs were hoisted they just poured blood out of both holes. My buddy was using his 300 winmag with 200 grain eld-x in precision hunter factory loads. Same results, shoulder shot, straight through dead right there. In the past we have used sst's and gamekings at those ranges and speeds and created massive holes and bloodshot meat and hogs that ran 50 yards into brush that had to be tracked. Which was easy due to big holes and blood. For me i will stick with the tsx for this type of hunting as we saved a good amount of meat. Ultimately i look for head shots with smaller caliber barrels, but now i have a new pet load for my h&h , she will spend less time in the safe and more time making me smile. As far as the eldx, i figured it would have blown up. How do these open at long ranges on game to those experienced? Can they if they didnt at 2600?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.