Barnes TSX "Hunter Grade"

sturge

So I go to Cabela's to guy some bullets. Ths is my first attempt at reloading for my 300 RUM. My intention was to get the 165 gr TSX, however, they had 168 GR TSX that had a little yellow sticker that said"hunter grade". So I bought those. They were also 5 bucks cheaper. I asked the guy at the counter what the difference was. He didnt know. Anyone know what the difference is?

from the FAQs on Barnes web page:

Is the 168-grain .30-caliber TSX the same as the 165-grain TSX? Is it really a match-grade hunting bullet?
These bullets have different ogive geometries. The 165-grain TSX incorporates a shorter tangent ogive in the nose profile. It's designed for cartridges with short magazines such as the .300 WSM and .300 Win Mag. The 168-grain TSX BT has a tangent ogive which lengthens the nose profile and has shown superb accuracy downrange. It offers the best of both worlds because it's also a premium hunting bullet offering exceptional terminal performance. It is best suited for cartridges such as the .308 Winchester, .30-06 and .300 Weatherby.

Right on. Thanks!! I looked for it on their site , but didnt find that. I guess I'll find out soon enough how it works in the rum.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.