bdyal1972

ok I am in planninG stage of 1 rifle to use EVERYWHERE... A 1 RIFLE FOR ELR, DANGEROUS GAME, DEER ELK ALL BEARS CAPE BUFFALO ELAND KUDU ORYX WATER BUFFALO CAPE BUFFALO MUSK OX FERAL PIGS..... LOL!!!! LONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS OH MY!!!!! LOL!!!

I WANT TO BUILD A ELR RIFLE I CAN ALSO USE TO HUNT EVERYWHERE...

I AM CERTAIN I CAN BUILD THIS WITH A SLUNG LOADED WEIGHT OF 12LBS READY TO HUNT

SOOO

ACTION???? CRF DEFENITELY, MANUFACTURER??? OPEN TO IDEAS

STOCK??? CARBON FIBER WITH ALUMINUM BEDDING BLOCK, AND MARINE TEX BEDDING... OPEN TO IDEAS

BARREL PROOF 30" PLUS A "ANSWER PRODUCTS" KNOCK OFF COPY DESIGNED BY ME
CALIBER; 375 ENABLER WITH 407GRN BERGER SOLID @2800 FPS

A 20 MOA RAIL WITH A 4-28X56 OR 3-24X50 SCOPE WITH A HORUS h59 or tremor3v RETICLE, BACKUP PEEP AND FRONT SIGHT, maybe removable like m24??? AND A 2X IER SCOUT SCOPE WITH LIT RETICLE.... 5 and 10 round mags

Buttpad? Ideas???

350 BARNES TSX @3000 FPS WITH A 3-18X50 HORUS TREMOR 3 RETICLE

My question....

Has anyone shot the 375cal 350 barnes tsx at a deer, elk, bear, antelope, pronghorn, oryx, eland, kudu ????

How did it perform???

Not sure a expanding bullet is absolutely necessary after seeing pics of what a 407grn 375 bullet does to an eland going in and out!!!

But

I love x bullets and expanding monos in general....

For traveling to Africa for Cape Buffalo, Asia or Australia for Water Buffalo, Arctic circle with a rifle with a 30 inch barrel, consider buying a substantial extra long TSA approved carrying case. Be prepared to pay significant oversize/weight baggage fees. Consider what you are willing to do without on a float-plane where the limit for all gear including rifle is ~65 pounds, unless you are going to charter the plane by yourself.

Good luck with your choice

Jerry

Thanks Jerry!!!

12 lb rifle with a 30" barrel, aluminum bedding block (broke down) 4 boxes ammo 2 slings (1 a biathlon sling) 3 scopes all fit it 1 pelican case nicely....

Hit EVERY CONTINENT but Antarctica in the Army, hit them all again working as a industrial engineer, electrician, Millwright...

This was part of the inspiration for this build.

1 rifle case, 1 pelican case once off major airlines

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.