Ballistic turrets?

mnhunter2

Looking to add a turret to my scope on my 300 weatherby, don't know very much about them and looking for recommendations, have been referred to Kenton industry, any advice would be appreciated!

Even different lots of factory ammo can vary greatly.

7PRC has 3 different powders with the same ammo. With 120fps difference, amd different POI for each with the same rifle. That makes a ballistic turret pretty much useless for anything over 300-400.

Handloads can vary too, depending on powder lots. I have found some big variations in lots. RL33 has upwards of 140fps with the same charge weights in one lot to the other. I have a slow lot of H1000 that is 50fps slower. I have an 8# of H4350 that is 40fps slower than others.

Let.alone the effects of altitude and temps.

That would be a good one to go with. I suggest you learn to shoot using Mil or MOA turrets. That way, you aren't tied to your current bullet, speed, powder... because when things get scarce and you have to change, your turret doesn't become obsolete.
The load I have worked up shoots as good as it gets, dime sized 3 shot groups at 200 yds, been reloading it for 12 yrs and have a good supply of bullets and powder, can't get a ZEISS turret for at least 3-4 months so I think my options are a custom turret?

A custom turret does work fine. If you have a supply of componets and a load, you will probably be okay. The Kenton turrets seem to be good.