Ballistic Turret vs Hold Over Lines

Heres my take, theres about 10" drop on a big majority of hunting rifles from 300 to 400 if I dont have the time to range it at 400 I wont take the shot. If you dont have time to range it you dont have time for a solid rest.
How many people can take that shot free hand.

Let me rephrase, how many can take the free hand shot at 400 accurately.
Only a fool would try. What we are saying is if you sight your rifle this way you know where to hold to 400. You can use what time you do have to get solid for the shot. No laser, no bs, point and shoot. Usually in this case the game is moving. If he sees or winds you its most likely game over anyway unless you already have the gun on him and are ready for the shot.

Actually if you are ranging your surroundings or hunting fields its not that hard to determine if you are within the point blank range of your rig. You just learn if its close enough or not far enough that you are not sure get the laser... it just isnt that complicated.

I guess my point is if you got time to find a steady rest you got time to range the yardage it only takes a few seconds if you keep your range finder handy.

I spot and stalk so you cant just range things around you all the time, yardage is always changing.

What we are saying is if you sight your rifle this way you know where to hold to 400.
Yeah but if you dontt range it how do you know it might be 450 instead of 400.
Your scenario might be fine of your stationary in a blind or box stand, but not for us that hunt in the Mountains

I'm not overthinking anything, the vast majority of hunters cannot just look at an animal and determine its 400, 450 or 350 without lasering it first.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts