Barrett Fieldcraft line on hold?

jebel

I found this notice on the Fieldcraft website today:
"Due to dramatic increase of MRAD and M107A1 orders from our US Military and International customers we have put our Fieldcraft line on hold."
http://barrettfieldcraft.com/

I hope this is a temporary hold and Barrett is still committed to the Fieldcraft. It's an outstanding rifle, in my opinion.

Does anyone know more?

Found a comment on another forum dated December 13, 2019:

"Had called them a few weeks ago inquiring about the rumored 280 ai and was told that it had been shelved. Called again early this week as I had heard various rumors about Fieldcraft production and had noticed that fewer rifles seemed to be available at least on my online searches (was looking for a 30-06). The person on the phone I'd talked to said that they had very recently decided to suspend production of the Fieldcrafts until they can get caught up on the big ASR contract. He said they hoped to resume production sometime mid 2021."

I emailed someone in Barrett's customer service who I've dealt with before and got a quick answer. They say the hold is only currently expected to extend until summer or fall of 2020, not 2021 (as quoted from the other forum in response #2 above). Hope that's right.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.