Back to my 300blk for Deer

snox801

So many years ago I jumped on the 300blk wagon. As many know it was not super impressive. Then I moved down to the 100gr cutting edge raptor bullet. I was able to push these to 2500fps and really had something. Bullet worked great and I killed hundreds of animals with it. Then I move to the Grendel as I was able to push a 100gr much faster.

Well my love for old faithful never went away. So I contacted Steve from hammer about a bullet for it. I told him the main issues I had with the CEB was I ran out of room for powder. When I started to compress pressure came on quick. So after some different designs knowing this was never gonna be a long range caliber. He cut the 101gr hunter. So I've been sitting on these for a while and this year I decided to finally get after them.
Since I don't use mine as a go to anymore I wanted this load to be able to run in every ar-15 I have and buddies if need be. So worked up a load that was able to match the ceb for speed and much less pressure in every rifle. Was able to get more fps out of my personal 300 than the ceb. So it's working out great up to 7 deer so far from ranges of 70 -230 yards. They have gone from straight down to 80 yards all shot same spot behind shoulder. Only one didnt have massive blood trial. It started strong them tappers off after 20 yards.
Every wound channel looks like exactly what one would expect. Have not yet caught the shank. So far so good. Think the added speed of the 100gr class really helps the blk perform much better. Two good choices in these two with the ability to drive the hammers same speed without compressing the load.

Last edited: