Christensen arms scout 300Blk

Seems like a lot of money for something a Ruger American Ranch will do for a third of the cost. My Remington 700 SPS 7 twist drives a 1" group at 100 yards, realistically what more is there in the 300 Blackout than that?

I'd rather shoot my 30-30 than push a 300 BLK supersonic, but that's because to me the 300 BLK exists solely as a compromise for subsonic and AR-15 platform usage. I get some guys push the 110-125gn bullets fast, but to me that's in the range where 7mm-08 kicks into high gear and shines.

Last edited:
Ya I'd only shoot Subsonic with my suppressor. The Ruger just feels real cheap. I got a PWS MK109 9" that I shoot suppressed and it's fun but I really would like a bolt gun to play with.

I 100% agree the Rugers feel cheap, cheesy, and almost like a toy. But if you can get a Hogue over-molded stock for one that's pretty much what the Remington 700 SPS is, and you're still ahead on cost.

If you want it though, get it. Don't let me talk you out of it, if you're happier with the CA pretty much nothing else matters in the end 👍 I've spent more money for less fun than what that one rifles costs, just can't give you hands-on results because I don't have one.

What bullets are you loading? I've had good results with the Makers 200 and 220s, I don't load much else. Sent a lot of 190 ELD-Xs but was never happy with how they grouped.

I've had some CA be great and some just stink. There's not really one in between price range. I'd hate to spend $500 for something that sucks but would feel dumb if I spend $2k for just a plinker gun. I've have 1000s of 208g AMax factory so hoping they would work. I got several hundred 220s and 190 I could try. Thanks for the info👍🏻