Awesome Coyote video!

budlight

For Varminting I like frangible bullets. The V-max line and Speer TNT. I was the 243 win man then 6XC, but I kinda got the AR bug. The 6mm ARC is limited case capacity and I use leverrevolution powder. Velocity is everything. So 70 TNT and 75 v-max grain is kinda tops. I've tried the 87 v-max

Just an example of loads:

https://www.hornady.com/assets/site/hornady/files/load-data/6mm-arc-gas-58-105gr-data.pdf

I use remote callers like this guy! He is just an excellent shot and I like his tripod and kids! Enjoy!

I'm killing them with the factory 108 eldm loads. I hope the stupidity will stop soon and I'll be able to buy some lighter factory loads. Probably won't surprise you to hear that the 108's drop them in place, but they aren't nice to the pelts.

Reminds me of the time I took my young daughter to the deer stand with me and the other kids were all wearing high dollar camo and made fun of her because she was wearing pink jeans and a Hello Kitty shirt we killed a big buck and when we got back she offered to let them wear her Hello Kitty shirt

Wish coyotes came in like that here in the east . When we were in Oklahoma working several years ago we'd call in 4-5 every evening it seemed like . It really spoiled a couple of us Wv boys .

I had a friend many years ago that wanted to make the ultimate California King size comforter out of the prime coyote shoulder back strap pelts. Just December - January best. We would sit in the snow back to back with white snow hoody down artic suites with remote callers and Jack Rabbits hung in the bushes for smell. It took I think 72 dogs to have a place make it because each pelt used was only about 12 X 16 inches long. So many colors was amazing. All northern Nevada and southern Oregon. It took two years to get enough. :)

Watched this video twice, it's awesome. Has almost convinced me that a 16"-18" barrel is as good as a.22"-24". Always wanted the holy grail of guns, 24" barrel, 4.5 lb rifle weight, 1/4" groups.....til I saw this....if components were available, I'd build one....although I do have a AR15 in 243 LBC, ballistic twin to the 6mm ARC.The accuracy is really decent, shoot it in matches out to 500meters..shooting 3/8" plates that have to be knocked off, like shilouette targets. But more than the kills, the family component is AWESOME !!!!! We all need to try to include family in our hobbies...rsbhunter

DSheetz…………...ed-gee-kate all these coyote killers on here what you took out of that video...let me tell you ol Dave forgot more than I know and when he tells us what he see's....pay attention, its master showing us his insight...…..a life time of experience into one mind, willingly offering to others...………..Dsheetz

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts