Awesome antelope...or deer or whatever

Tikkamike

I have been thinking about a new way to cook wild meat and drempt up a little recipe that turned out amazing!
took 2 antelope back straps and butterflied them then put them in a bag of Worcestershire sauce and some onion and garlic flakes.
after marinating for a while I took one backstrap and layed it out on a piece of aluminum foil opened up and put lots of sliced up onions, bell peppers, zuchini, cucumbers and a layer of yellow apple slices for a little added sweetness. Then layed the other back strap on top and pinned it together with tooth picks then packed more vegetables around it and put another layer of aluminum on top and rolled the edges together to make an enclosed cooking container. It will also contain all the juices which keep the meat very moist and delicious. Cook it till the meat is 160 degrees and its done.

as a side dish I took raw potatoes and pre cooked them in the microwave to soften them up a little then cut them in half and buttered both sides, sprinkled some garlic salt and put a layer of bacon between them then put the 2 halves together and wrapped them in bacon and then wrapped it all up in aluminum foil and put it on the grill about 30 minutes before i put the meat in. everything should finish at the same time.

Turned out amazing!
2011-09-18124210.jpg

2011-09-18153233.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.