ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

Think there is any way to petition the director (or whomever) to implement time-frames for reviews?

I work at the local government level in our county, and we administer a bunch of DEP programs. Most of them have a "permit decision guarantee" timeframe in which we/DEP must issue a decision on the permit application. Doesn't mean approval, I'm fact the decision may be "denied" or needs more info before approval, etc. But at least the applicant has an idea of what the max review time will be.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to ask the same of the ATF.
In NY at the state level, decision time frames are in law. However, there are ways to stop the clock which were not contemplated by the state legislature, and regularly abused by staff who just refused to make decisions for mostly personal reasons and fear of being sued by greenie groups. Yes, regularly. Appointed politicians at the executive just ignored law for optics and overruled staff - halting time frames for purely political reasons. They would say it was a entirely legitimate political decision, and my reply would be that the legislature already made those. Ahhhhh.....the most enjoyable part of my job was de-bureaucraticizing government for the people, and watching others at my level get some balls and follow my lead.

Although I haven't read into it, I would imagine that the ATF has to abide by federal Administrative Procedures laws. Although suits alleging violations of AP laws usually do not change the decision outcome (judges defer to "experts" for approvals or denials), they do force action on applications and cause policy changes when AP procedures have been found incorrectly applied or ignored.

Incase those who are frustrated waiting for clearance of docs must realize, it's all by design. Its simple, those people who you trust really don't want you to own them. Unfortunately it will get worse if you don't Vote! You've been warned!

I have had two customers (that I know of) call/write our representative and get nearly immediate results. One was a decorated war hero, one was an ordinary citizen. They do work for us and the House does hold the purse strings.

Incase those who are frustrated waiting for clearance of docs must realize, it's all by design. Its simple, those people who you trust really don't want you to own them. Unfortunately it will get worse if you don't Vote! You've been warned!
Ok.
What about those people that gets theirs back in just a few months?
Heck there's a few on here that mentioned weeks..
Is that by design they get theirs first while some of us have to wait nearly a year?