Arken SH-4 Gen II 6-24x50

Here is my SH-4 6-24x50 at the zero stop and dialed max up.
As you can see... I'm on a 20 MOA rail so it doesn't land at "0" rotation counter.
I never use the rotation counter beneath the turret because I just drop it to the "stop" and fire a shot to "confirm return to zero" after shooting long range and it's been dead nuts so far.

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 70
  • a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 71
Yes, I know optical center. That would not correct the rotation numbers being backwards unless another 1 & 2 is somehow hidden inside the 34mm tube that pops up when you screw the turret down. Don't you see the numbers under my turret? Not the 20+ numbers going around the turret, the 2 numbers under the turret are backwards. Turning the turret up and down won't correct that will it?

I'll try and explain it to you once more.
Optical center is marked as -0-.
There is a rotation above and below. Each rotation is marked as above or below.
One above rotation is marked as -1-
One below rotation is marked as -1-
Two above is marked as -2-
Two below is marked as -2-

I hope that better explains the marking you see under the turret. It makes perfect sense to me. Could it be marked differently? Of course, but I think knowing where optical center is as a nice feature.

Here is my SH-4 6-24x50 at the zero stop and dialed max up.
As you can see... I'm on a 20 MOA rail so it doesn't land at "0" rotation counter.
I never use the rotation counter beneath the turret because I just drop it to the "stop" and fire a shot to "confirm return to zero" after shooting long range and it's been dead nuts so far.

Same as mine just no numbers he was just hung up on the numbers I don't get it

I'll try and explain it to you once more.
Optical center is marked as -0-.
There is a rotation above and below. Each rotation is marked as above or below.
One above rotation is marked as -1-
One below rotation is marked as -1-
Two above is marked as -2-
Two below is marked as -2-

I hope that better explains the marking you see under the turret. It makes perfect sense to me. Could it be marked differently? Of course, but I think knowing where optical center is as a nice feature.

Pretty simple.

2 rotations up from optical center and 2 rotations down from optical center. Some turrets though do not physically move "up or down" as you rotate the turret. Usually those are scopes that don't have markings where we are talking about on the Arken.

Yes, by far my biggest problem is lack of customer support. No phone service and 6 unanswered emails over a 1.5 month period is bad, bad, bad. I should not of had to use this forum to get help or answers on a new scope.

Other more minor problem is I've never had a dialable scope (target turrets) labeled like this. All my other scopes were either non-dialable or only numbered going up, never numbered down like this Arken. What also confused me is my buddy's 2 Arkens are only numbered upward according to him. So, I asked myself why is mine different? That's what started my search for answers. Most posters trying to be helpful kept getting stuck on explaining how to set zero stop. That was never my question. My question was always the numbering/stenciling under the turret. Come to find out, numbering both upward and downward is normal on some scopes, but it took a long time for someone to eventually show me that because some people kept sidetracking the discussion explaining zero stop. I didn't need help with zero stop and stated this many times. My question was always the labeling under the turret.

Last edited:
Yes, by far my biggest problem is lack of customer support. No phone service and 6 unanswered emails over a 1.5 month period is bad, bad, bad. I should not of had to use this forum to get help or answers on a new scope.

Other more minor problem is I've never had a dialable scope (target turrets) labeled like this. All my other scopes were either non-dialable or only numbered going up, never numbered down like this Arken. What also confused me is my buddy's 2 Arkens are only numbered upward according to him. So, I asked myself why is mine different? That's what started my search for answers. Most posters trying to be helpful kept getting stuck on explaining how to set zero stop. That was never my question. My question was always the numbering/stenciling under the turret. Come to find out, numbering both upward and downward is normal on some scopes, but it took a long time for someone to eventually show me that because some people kept sidetracking the discussion explaining zero stop. I didn't need help with zero stop and stated this many times. My question was always the labeling under the turret.
In all fairness. We did go through the BS Flu. I had the same issues when ordering a few other things in the past couple years. People were not going to work. Or not going to their offices. So responses were slow to come. If at all ! I would be willing to bet they got tired of trying to answer all the calls. We need to remember it was not of their choosing. I'm not sure exactly when you ordered the scope ? If it was around the time of the Chinese sniffles beginning it would be very understandable. Hell there are places still going through the dumb *** ****. I have a Arken & love it for the money. I wish I would have known of them before the Primary Arms I bought. Not that it's not a great scope. But I could have bought 3 for the one I got. And for the amount of shooting I do these days. It may have been a better way to go. I could have pretty good optics on all my rifles. lol

An interesting thread to say the least.
Customer service at Arken bad? I had a completely opposite experience. I sent them a message asking about a scope I ordered, I knew when I ordered it, time frame was 15-18 weeks.
I got a message back the same day telling me it would be the next week for my glass to show up.

Then to top that off my optic arrived two days later.
I emailed them and told them it had arrived. I thought it humorous that it probably went out the day or day before I spoke to them.
The sent me a message back with in an hour.

Forward a few weeks. I ordered another scope on Father's Day. I also sent them an email telling them that I had eight guys look at mine and I knew for sure that six of them ordered scopes and rings.
This is on a Sunday, Father's Day, I had a response and a huge thank you within an hour! FYI my scope arrived that following Wednesday as did six others!

Maybe they changed their habits? Dunno. My experience this far has been excellent. What business returns emails on small holidays and a Sunday to boot!?

An interesting thread to say the least.
Customer service at Arken bad? I had a completely opposite experience. I sent them a message asking about a scope I ordered, I knew when I ordered it, time frame was 15-18 weeks.
I got a message back the same day telling me it would be the next week for my glass to show up.

Then to top that off my optic arrived two days later.
I emailed them and told them it had arrived. I thought it humorous that it probably went out the day or day before I spoke to them.
The sent me a message back with in an hour.

Forward a few weeks. I ordered another scope on Father's Day. I also sent them an email telling them that I had eight guys look at mine and I knew for sure that six of them ordered scopes and rings.
This is on a Sunday, Father's Day, I had a response and a huge thank you within an hour! FYI my scope arrived that following Wednesday as did six others!

Maybe they changed their habits? Dunno. My experience this far has been excellent. What business returns emails on small holidays and a Sunday to boot!?
They have not changed their customer service as of 1 month ago. I contacted them concerning the parallax not matching the true yards. "Send it back for a replacement or money back" and that was the same day I emailed them. 4 scopes sold due to my purchase, they sent me the scope rings lens covers and the other goodies. They only asked that I return the rings that I had already purchased. And that with prepaid shipping.
I'm sold.

They have not changed their customer service as of 1 month ago. I contacted them concerning the parallax not matching the true yards. "Send it back for a replacement or money back" and that was the same day I emailed them. 4 scopes sold due to my purchase, they sent me the scope rings lens covers and the other goodies. They only asked that I return the rings that I had already purchased. And that with prepaid shipping.
I'm sold.
What was the email address you used to contact them? I used the one on their website, on the purchase email from them, and on their telephone recorded message: [email protected] . I also inserted a copy of my 6 emails inside the scope box when I returned the scope on 28 June 2022 and still have not heard from them even though I asked in the letter. I can only relate what my experience is and it is still very, very bad. It's OK, I didn't like that the scope didn't have locking turrets for a hunting scope, so it worked out OK in the end. I just wanted to give members a heads-up of what I experienced. Happy to hear your experience has been better so far.

Last edited:
What was the email address you used to contact them? I used the one on their website, on the purchase email from them, and on their telephone recorded message: [email protected] . I also inserted a copy of my 6 emails inside the scope box when I returned the scope on 28 June 2022 and still have not heard from them even though I asked in the letter. I can only relate what my experience is and it is still very, very bad. It's OK, I didn't like that the scope didn't have locking turrets for a hunting scope, so it worked out OK in the end. I just wanted to give members a heads-up of what I experienced. Happy to hear your experience has been better so far.
I used the same address as you and at the time, and still wandering what other company would have responded to me in the fashion they did. My situation was a little different than yours that I didnt return the scope and decided the parallax issue was not a problem for me. I do wonder if any other scope company would have sent me the extras just for, I'm not really sure, maybe the 4 others purchased because of me?? zip code?? I really dont know.
I do believe that they are the new kids on the block for the lower priced quality scopes and are trying to make a name for themselves. Good for them.
Sorry it didnt work for you
I'm sold