Arken SH-4 Gen II 6-24x50

You seem to be stuck on the "0" mark on the turret post. Try thinking of it as nothing more as a guideline. It doesn't matter where you end up on the post. Just make a note of it. But since the model you used to have had a zero stop none of this matters. You simply dial back to the zero stop once set and then dial your next comeup.
No I'm not stuck on the 0, I'm stuck on the stenciling under the turret. Here's another picture which shows a 1 under the turret as the beginning number going upwards which I would expect and not a 2 for the beginning number like my scope had. I know how a zero stop works, I have scopes with zero stops which I use and set often. I'm talking about the labeling, the stenciled numbers under the turret which is backwards from my Vortex Razor II and Revic PMR scopes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220714-150156_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220714-150156_Chrome.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 64
I have a 20 moa rail
picture 949 is 0, not bore but range, 0 stop adjusted
Picture 948 3 full turns up

Attachments

• DSCF3948 (1024x576).jpg
    DSCF3948 (1024x576).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF3949 (1024x576).jpg
    DSCF3949 (1024x576).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 83
No I'm not stuck on the 0, I'm stuck on the stenciling under the turret. Here's another picture which shows a 1 under the turret as the beginning number going upwards which I would expect and not a 2 for the beginning number like my scope had. I know how a zero stop works, I have scopes with zero stops which I use and set often. I'm talking about the labeling, the stenciled numbers under the turret which is backwards from my Vortex Razor II and Revic PMR scopes.
Maybe the Razor and the Revic are backwards ;). It's probably best that you sent the scope back.

Here's my SWFA 10X on my PSS. NF 60 moa rail. First pic is on zero, the second picture is 6 revolutions or 30 mils up.

Attachments

• 20220714_142703[1].jpg
    20220714_142703[1].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 69
  • 20220714_142913[1].jpg
    20220714_142913[1].jpg
    874.8 KB · Views: 72
Ya I guess it depends on your perspective which is backwards and what you're used to using. I think what's happening is with my other 2 scopes the rifle's zero is adjusted with a screw in the top center of the turret and not adjusted by turning the turret. Once you zero the scope using the screw, you use another 1-3 Allen screws to set the zero stop. However, in the Arken the rifle is zeroed by turning the turret and then afterwards the 3 Allen screws are loosened to set zero stop. Basically doing the same thing but differently. Consequently, the Arken turret needs these extra numbers under the turret to adjust the rifle's zero adjustment downward. The Vortex and Revic does this internally using a screw so you don't really see it externally so their turret rotation numbers can start bottomed out on the tube and count upwards only. The Arken can't start bottomed out. Remember we are talking about the turret rotation numbers stenciled under the turret, not the MIL/MOA numbers labeled around the turret which are later adjusted for zero stop. That's probably as clear as mud.

Yes, your turret rotation stenciling is what I'm used to seeing which is different from the Arken which looks like this.
View attachment 379089
Yes but my point is the "stenciling" on the elevation turret "post" for lack of a better word doesn't matter and is neither right or wrong. It's just a guideline. I wouldn't be concerned with it at all. Just zero it and set the zero stop. You can see on my SWFA even with a 60 moa rail I have 2 more revolutions before I hit bottom. I don't worry about it at all. As a matter of fact I'm glad it's not fully bottomed out. I just make note of it because I don't have a zero stop. The windage dial is nicely marked on the Arkin.

Yup, understand. I think we have pretty much beaten this to death. Unfortunately, I won't be able to experience using the Arken like you suggested because I returned it. Arken never answered my emails for over 1.5 months now and is why we ended up discussing it here. So, I don't want to deal with a company with this bad of customer service.

Ya I guess it depends on your perspective which is backwards and what you're used to using. I think what's happening is with my other 2 scopes the rifle's zero is adjusted with a screw in the top center of the turret and not adjusted by turning the turret. Once you zero the scope using the screw, you use another 1-3 Allen screws to set the zero stop. However, in the Arken the rifle is zeroed by turning the turret and then afterwards the 3 Allen screws are loosened to set zero stop. Basically doing the same thing but differently. Consequently, the Arken turret needs these extra numbers under the turret to adjust the rifle's zero adjustment downward. The Vortex and Revic does this internally using a screw so you don't really see it externally so their turret rotation numbers can start bottomed out on the tube and count upwards only. The Arken can't start bottomed out. Remember we are talking about the turret rotation numbers stenciled under the turret, not the MIL/MOA numbers labeled around the turret which are later adjusted for zero stop. That's probably as clear as mud.
First off zero your rifle wherever that may be when you loosen the Allen screws and lift the turret cap you turn it to zero, but that is not the zero stop once the turret is returned to zero and tighten down on the scope you must turn the Allen screw down from the top of the cap gently once it bottoms out there is a brass Allen screw from the side that locks in the zero stop screw from turning the Turret cap does not stop it from going beyond that is the screw that must be set afterward.
image.jpg

Yes but my point is the "stenciling" on the elevation turret "post" for lack of a better word doesn't matter and is neither right or wrong. It's just a guideline. I wouldn't be concerned with it at all. Just zero it and set the zero stop. You can see on my SWFA even with a 60 moa rail I have 2 more revolutions before I hit bottom. I don't worry about it at all. As a matter of fact I'm glad it's not fully bottomed out. I just make note of it because I don't have a zero stop. The windage dial is nicely marked on the Arkin.
Take a piece of 80 grit sandpaper and sand it off problem solved! Black sharpie cover it up problem solved!

First off zero your rifle wherever that may be when you loosen the Allen screws and lift the turret cap you turn it to zero, but that is not the zero stop once the turret is returned to zero and tighten down on the scope you must turn the Allen screw down from the top of the cap gently once it bottoms out there is a brass Allen screw from the side that locks in the zero stop screw from turning the Turret cap does not stop it from going beyond that is the screw that must be set afterward.View attachment 379098
Thanks 338 for both suggestions, LOL. I especially like the sandpaper suggestion. I used your exact procedure above a couple weeks ago to help my buddy set his 2 Arken zero stops. For some reason his 2 scopes are not labeled like yours or mine. He checked again today looking at both of his Arken scopes to make sure alzheimers hadn't arrived.