Arken SH-4 Gen II 6-24x50

An additional comment I'll make about the Arken EP5 is glare and eyebox. Those would be 2 areas I'd be critical of the Arken.

Just FYI, the Huron scopes have a super short eye relief. I just couldn't get used to it, and sold mine.
I ended up returning mine as well. The eye relief didnt feel real short to me but I bought it as a possible upgrade from a burris on my 7 mag. In looking through them both it seemed like it would have been a lateral move instead of an upgrade. Glass was nice though and I think it would make a nice hunting scope. I just didn't have a use in it.

An additional comment I'll make about the Arken EP5 is glare and eyebox. Those would be 2 areas I'd be critical of the Arken.
They eyebox is tight? I have 1 sh4 and 2 of the gen 2 sh4. Eye box seems fine on all of them even the 6-24. Kinda seems odd if their nicer scope was picky with eye placement

I was very hesitant to spend $550 (rings, etc) on a "cheap" scope. Very happy now hearing everyone's opinion, especially since I have only shot it a handful of times.

I am miffed that I bought it right before they had a big discount sale (35% I think?). Almost bought a second one.

I was very hesitant to spend $550 (rings, etc) on a "cheap" scope. Very happy now hearing everyone's opinion, especially since I have only shot it a handful of times.

I am miffed that I bought it right before they had a big discount sale (35% I think?). Almost bought a second one.
It's a great started scope for long range to see if you truly enjoy shooting and you can decide how much you more you want to invest

It's a great started scope for long range to see if you truly enjoy shooting and you can decide how much you more you want to invest
Too late! I have invested a lot! But, I get what you are saying. Good advice geared towards others who are considering it.

I think I was just really curious what all the fuss was about this scope. Worst case, i figured I sell it for $100 less than I paid. No huge loss.

But, I'm keeping it. In fact, if they go on sale again, I'll get one for my nephew. He's so into all this stuff, it's like I cloned a small me.

Too late! I have invested a lot! But, I get what you are saying. Good advice geared towards others who are considering it.

I think I was just really curious what all the fuss was about this scope. Worst case, i figured I sell it for $100 less than I paid. No huge loss.

But, I'm keeping it. In fact, if they go on sale again, I'll get one for my nephew. He's so into all this stuff, it's like I cloned a small me.
Way to go with your nephew, we need all that we can get to catch the same disease we have, the world will be a better place!

My Arken experience was bad. It took 3 months for my EP5 5-25 to be delivered. It arrived defective. The turret was screwed all the way up exposing the revolution numbers under the turret. The revolution numbers were stenciled backwards with 2 on bottom and 1 above it. Boresighting only brought the turret down a little still exposing both revolution numbers. I attempted to contact Arken numerous times via phone and 6 emails with no response for another month. I finally sent it back and canceled through my credit card company. Arken received the return on 28 Jun and they haven't contacted me to apologize. I would never recommend an Arken scope. Here's a picture.

Attachments

• 20220611_105308.jpg
    20220611_105308.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 145
Anyone else use this scope? I bought one because I have more guns than scopes and got tired of swapping scopes around.
I have 4 of them. Great scope for the money. Love the detents in the turrets. I think the turrets are better than any scope I have. It is not a hunting scope. Way to heavy. Thats the only problem I have with them so far. I havent used them a lot, IE as much as I should . Too many guns to shoot. I did have a shipping problem. I ordered 3 scopes at once. They all came in in a plastic bag full of water. Our wonderful USPS. I contacted Arkin and they contacted me right back. This was in in 2020 and it took 3 months to get them. They offered to replace them but I decided to keep them because of supply issues. They all were fine, Just messed up all the boxes and paper work on all but one. All in all, Good scope for the money.

Last edited:
Same here with no lead time.
Used at 100 yards and all seems perfect. Headed to talladega cmp tomorrow for 600 yard range. I'll let you know if otherwise. My friend is into the high dollar shooting and competition, we bought the arkens at the same time. He is vary familiar with $$$$ scopes and so far he says just as good with turrets and 0 stop being better. Any negative news and I'll let you know.
Day at the range in blazing heat, 3 shooters with 3 new arken sh4 gen2s. 100 to 600 yards. All scopes tracking better than shooters, perfect as far I could tell. Turrets all set to 0 and stop as advertised. Very easy. The negatives if you consider it that way would be illuminated reticle not bright enough for day time use, and 2 of the scopes the parallax did not match the actual yardage. The reticle issue important for black background targets and could be weak battery. Parallax issue is none issue to me, far sighted and cant see them anyway. Turret #s are large enough to see. My recommendation would be this is a really good bench scope (p dog scope) and maybe a long range hunting scope, have no experience with the latter. My hunting style in the woods of Georgia requires compact and lightweight.

My Arken experience was bad. It took 3 months for my EP5 5-25 to be delivered. It arrived defective. The turret was screwed all the way up exposing the revolution numbers under the turret. The revolution numbers were stenciled backwards with 2 on bottom and 1 above it. Boresighting only brought the turret down a little still exposing both revolution numbers. I attempted to contact Arken numerous times via phone and 6 emails with no response for another month. I finally sent it back and canceled through my credit card company. Arken received the return on 28 Jun and they haven't contacted me to apologize. I would never recommend an Arken scope. Here's a picture.
Was there a "0" above the one? As in 2 turns down from center, then starting over and going an additional 2 turns up from center?