Arken SH-4 Gen II 6-24x50

I don't understand your question. Two turns down from what center? My picture is where the scope boresighted, turning more would not align to rifle bore. I didn't twist the turret up any further up than the one number since it was already screwed a long ways up and I didn't want to break it. I no longer have the scope because Arken never contacted me. Very bad customer service.

I have a gen 2 SH4 6-24 had it about 2 months. It's on a 22lr I use in NRL22 and X type matches. For 450$ outstanding value. I have a Strike Eagle as well that I also really like. To me the SE has better glass, an ever so slightly better reticle design and handles mirage/ heat and sunlight a little better. The Arken has better feeling turrets and especially in a match optic I like how big the Arken turrets are. I actually like the illumination on the Arken more than the SE. Both scopes have somewhat tight and finicky eye boxes in my opinion. I think the 2 scopes are a decent comparison and turret preference and intended use could be the biggest deciding factor if I buy another. Inside of 400 yards where I use my Arken it does well, if I use it to start looking at things 1000 yards away that's when you can tell your holding a cheaper scope with cheaper glass. That's not to say it wouldn't be useable at 1000 but the glass shows it's price point more at those ranges

I do think the comparisons to much higher end optics are just plain silly. They are very fine scopes especially for the money. But I see an awful lot of people compare them Gen 2 and 3 razors and Nightforce and a whole lot of other higher end scopes and those comparisons are just silly. Not only are they not better they don't even exist in the same realm as those higher end scopes. Again for the money probably can't beat it.

I don't understand your question. Two turns down from what center? My picture is where the scope boresighted, turning more would not align to rifle bore. I didn't twist the turret up any further up than the one number since it was already screwed a long ways up and I didn't want to break it. I no longer have the scope because Arken never contacted me. Very bad customer service.
So there is where your rifle boresighted and there is center of the erector travel. The reference mark for 0 is center of travel, there is 2 turns down from center and 2 turns up from center. Going down would be -1 and -2, going up would be +1 and +2.

for the cost, i dont think you'll find anything better. i have the 4-16x on my grendel and i've been impressed with it. got it around Christmas last year, so this year will be a full hunting season of abuse. we'll see how it holds up.
Just put a 4 x 16 on a 6 mm arc AR Myself!

So there is where your rifle boresighted and there is center of the erector travel. The reference mark for 0 is center of travel, there is 2 turns down from center and 2 turns up from center. Going down would be -1 and -2, going up would be +1 and +2.
Yes, I know optical center. That would not correct the rotation numbers being backwards unless another 1 & 2 is somehow hidden inside the 34mm tube that pops up when you screw the turret down. Don't you see the numbers under my turret? Not the 20+ numbers going around the turret, the 2 numbers under the turret are backwards. Turning the turret up and down won't correct that will it?

Yes, I know optical center. That would not correct the rotation numbers being backwards unless another 1 & 2 is somehow hidden inside the 34mm tube that pops up when you screw the turret down. Don't you see the numbers under my turret? Not the 20+ numbers going around the turret, the 2 numbers under the turret are backwards. Turning the turret up and down won't correct that will it?
How are you bore sighting if you have the gun in a vice and you were looking through the bore to get on target you will actually do opposite of what you think , you will turn the knob in the downward direction to raise your point of aim. Point of aim and point of impact are two different things.

Last edited:
My Arken experience was bad. It took 3 months for my EP5 5-25 to be delivered. It arrived defective. The turret was screwed all the way up exposing the revolution numbers under the turret. The revolution numbers were stenciled backwards with 2 on bottom and 1 above it. Boresighting only brought the turret down a little still exposing both revolution numbers. I attempted to contact Arken numerous times via phone and 6 emails with no response for another month. I finally sent it back and canceled through my credit card company. Arken received the return on 28 Jun and they haven't contacted me to apologize. I would never recommend an Arken scope. Here's a picture.
If you go up higher the numbers reverse they are the rotations from optical center.Put it on zero raise it up you will see 1and then 2 they are in the proper order ,turn it back down to zero go down you are covering 1 and then you are covering 2 they are also then in the proper order it is rotations from optical center
A472109E-2126-4A59-87CA-932B994160E2.jpeg

Last edited:
If you go up higher the numbers reverse they are the rotations from
If you go up higher the numbers reverse they are the rotations from optical centerView attachment 378972
Is that a picture of your Arken? My buddy's Arken doesn't look like that. None of my scopes are labeled like your picture. That very well may be how my Arken was labeled, also I was using 20 MOA rings. Too bad Arken's customer service is so bad, they could have possibly avoided this confusion and the loss of a sale. Still, shame, shame on Arken for not responding to a customer.

Don't know how a zero stop would work with a turret like in your picture that can be turned down below zero.

Last edited:
How are you bore sighting if you have the gun in a vice and you were looking through the bore to get on target you will actually do opposite of what you think , you will turn the knob in the downward direction to raise your point of aim. Point of aim and point of impact are two different things.
Yes, I boresighted using a vice and turned my turret whatever direction was required (up or down, left or right) to place my crosshair in the center of my bore on a 100 yard target. I don't remember what direction I turned my turret. I just centered it in my bore.

If you go up higher the numbers reverse they are the rotations from optical centerView attachment 378972
Is that a picture of your Arken? My buddy's Arken doesn't look like that. None of my scopes are labeled like your picture. That very well may be how my Arken was labeled, also I was using 20 MOA rings. Too bad Arken's customer service is so bad, they could have possibly avoided this confusion and the loss of a sale. Still, shame, shame on Arken for not responding to a customer.

Don't know how a zero stop would work with a turret like in your picture that can be turned down below zero.
Yes it's an Arkin 4 x 16 zero stops are very simple just an Allen screw down to the top of the top turret cap and I setscrew to keep it from vibrating loose in from the side. I have a one piece 20 MOA rail.

Yes it's an Arkin 4 x 16 zero stops are very simple just an Allen screw down to the top of the top turret cap and I setscrew to keep it from vibrating loose in from the side. I have a one piece 20 MOA rail.
If you have a zero stop set, then what use are the numbers under the zero. Doesn't make sense to me.

If you have a zero stop set, then what use are the numbers under the zero. Doesn't make sense to me.
Let's just say something was really whacked out you would have to go below zero then set your zero stop, either way you want the knob to quit turning where your rifle is zeroed.

Let's just say something was really whacked out you would have to go below zero then set your zero stop, either way you want the knob to quit turning where your rifle is zeroed.
OK, it would have to be more than really whacked, it would have to be really, really whacked. LOL It would also be confusing for anyone using your rifle to have to turn the turret up to zero and then past it to track turret turns - the count indicator would be wrong all the time. I wouldn't like that.

Recent Posts