Arizona ban on trail cams

I saw this yesterday and though I share it. I don't use any trail cams but I know some of you do so here it is:

It seems like Its been an ongoing debate the last few years

Stay safe all
well wish they would do this in all states the TV hunters would be done

I don't have a stake in the AZ debate on game cameras but I hope similar rules don't get enacted in other western states. Like most anything, I'm sure they can be abused, especially on public land where people who put them up may come to think they have greater rights to an area than others.
I have found static trail cameras to be useful tools. There used to be a pear orchard below my property and I found the camera footage helpful for judging the bears that visited in the fall. In one case it helped make it easy for me to decide to pass on a bear I recognized as one that was smaller than I wanted to shoot. 95% of my bear pictures were night pictures so it would have been much more difficult to get the info any other way. I use game cams for deer too but don't find them as helpful because we see enough day time activity from the deer on our property that we have a pretty fair idea of what is going on anyway.
A couple of the game cams I leave up permanently double as security. The local sheriffs office arrested the guy who broke into our garage 2-3 years ago based on a picture from one camera.
In Washington, I'd much rather see them change the rules to eliminate baiting for deer and elk than to implement a ban on static trail cameras.

Actually it's quite enforceable if G&F starts with the confiscation of cams on waterholes and cattle water troughs. There's talk of being able to use a limited number and you need to id tag your camera. Just like you have to identify a tree stand left out in some states. There's got to be some type of happy median. It's now being abused IMO. Another thought is "no cams in the field during season and 30 days prior". Now it's crazy though. It's like the "paparazzi is camped at the water hole". You drive up in the morning dawn and 20 flashes and red strobes go off.

It's unenforceable. They'd have to get a search warrant for every property whether they think there's one or not and there isn't a judge that is going to sign a blanket warrant or sign a few hundred thousand of them.

Sportsman along with manufacturers will tie the confiscation in the courts for years.

On private land who cares or knows? On Public I'm against them. I think as a group, we hunters are losing sight of why we hunt. Advertising is trying to convince us that what they're selling is what is necessary for us to enjoy and be successful hunters. Outfitters can get out and scout like the rest of us, and take their chances too, that is why it's called "hunting", right? That's where our focus should be, on hunting, on the outdoors. Not on technology. The real beauty in hunting to me is the unknown, the mystery, the discovery, the challenge, the comradery. I'm not against tech, but it doesn't necessarily make my hunting experience better. I'm not against outfitting on some level, but I see the damage it is doing to average Joe hunter. There needs to be limits on everything, especially when you take all the other hunters into consideration which is what should happen on public land, IMO.

I have a salt lick I developed for elk many, many years ago, and it's usually the only place I put out a camera. I've learned the habits of the elk when it come to their use of the lick. All I've ever done for elk here in AZ is bowhunt. It's really tough to draw a bull tag for the unit I like to hunt and the camera allows me to "hunt" every year. One of the main takeaways from the years of having the camera on this spot, is the knowledge the salt is "not" the place to hunt during the rut. It does give me an idea of what's in the area. I learned when the cows disappear to have their calves, and when the use of the salt tapers off. It's right about the time the bulls start rubbing and continues through the rut. The number of elk tags left for me in that unit is extremely small at my age, so I will probably rely on the that camera more and more to help take the edge off of not drawing a tag. I don't think an outright ban on the use of cameras is fair at all. A limit on the number an entity can have in the field at any given time would be a plan, but highly unenforceable.

I spent many years in Texas where they allow cellular cams. In fact, the idiot who had their picture taken while trying to steal it got busted. So, I don't know. But why is it not allowed?

On private land who cares or knows? On Public I'm against them. I think as a group, we hunters are losing sight of why we hunt. Advertising is trying to convince us that what they're selling is what is necessary for us to enjoy and be successful hunters. Outfitters can get out and scout like the rest of us, and take their chances too, that is why it's called "hunting", right? That's where our focus should be, on hunting, on the outdoors. Not on technology. The real beauty in hunting to me is the unknown, the mystery, the discovery, the challenge, the comradery. I'm not against tech, but it doesn't necessarily make my hunting experience better. I'm not against outfitting on some level, but I see the damage it is doing to average Joe hunter. There needs to be limits on everything, especially when you take all the other hunters into consideration which is what should happen on public land, IMO.
You need to understand that AZ is different from most states farther east. Most of the land here is public. Only approximately 15% is private. If you ban something on public, it's basically a statewide ban.

I saw this yesterday and though I share it. I don't use any trail cams but I know some of you do so here it is:

Stay safe all
I'm sure it so people won't see ILLEGALS crossing their land in the middle of the night.

So is it any different that cops use radar to catch speeders? Should it have to be fair chase and they should have to clock a vehicle's speed in a Marked patrol car? Should their patrol cars have to be painted international orange? Just thinking out loud.
Yes to all of the above, but it's a money mill for the Politicians and in many areas a large portion of those tickets goes into the the Police Retirement account. it's ONLY about MONEY NOTHING to do with Safety

OK - gonna scratch a scab here.... drones here are not legal to 'hunt' with. When I asked why not they said it was viewing wildlife from above that you couldn't see without the use of that aid. So I asked about trail cameras - they said they were fixed and in one spot and eye level, so not looking at doing anything there. I asked about the difference between a drone and a fish finder - from above at wildlife that couldn't be seen without the use of it - - - not a word followed:) Just glad I am old and you younger people can fight the battles. Wolves and bears are next....

Stay safe all
Are traffic cameras and street surveillance cameras part of this? If so yeah get rid of them, but all cameras should be considered the same.
Sounds like the lefty tree huggers want to cherry pick what laws they want enforced.

But of course our Az Cabelas sells the deer attracting feeds and scents! 50 years ago we met an old Hispanic man who used a fresh herb hanging on brush. He always killed a deer. NO, it wasn't marijuana!
I can understand that. I enjoy canned fish as a snack when camping, or hiking. In bear country scouting or when hunting I avoid items with strong scents. Specially since a bear can smell what you had for breakfast last week.

I don't use game cameras in the forest or desert. I enjoy walking, finding sign and tracking animals. Find a few cisterns and it almost like cheating.
I have used game cameras around our home. Had some interesting neighbors.

I can understand that. I enjoy canned fish as a snack when camping, or hiking. In bear country scouting or when hunting I avoid items with strong scents. Specially since a bear can smell what you had for breakfast last week.

I don't use game cameras in the forest or desert. I enjoy walking, finding sign and tracking animals. Find a few cisterns and it almost like cheating.
I have used game cameras around our home. Had some interesting neighbors.
I've never tried bear chili.