Arizona ban on trail cams

Yes they do. This year's Governors tag for elk was over the top. There had to be 20 people in that one picture that were guides or working for the guides to get a 472 green score bull. I would estimate that the guide fees were close to $100k and the tag was $325K at a benefit auction.
Thats not hunting, when the client was simply trucked in, then horseback then told, "there it is.....". I wish I had just stumbled onto that bull and popped him right there in front of the "guides".

That would've been so freaking awesome, and one heck of a story to tell.

Yeah, coyotes have gotten to be a major problem since the ban on leg-hold traps. What gets me is all the bird hunters who supported ban are now complaining about how much fewer quail we have now.

Regarding the Governor's Tag Bull- Many years ago (as in the last 3rd of the last century!), when I still lived in Alaska, I had a good friend named Robin that was headed out moose hunting between Delta Junction and Tok. As he was driving down the highway, he saw a Grayline tours bus pulled over to the side of the road and a bunch of people out taking pictures of something in an opening off the highway. Robin stopped and took a look through his binoculars and saw a big bull moose standing about 300 yards off the road.
He grabbed his 338 Win out of the gun case behind the seat, and a handful of shells from his pack and walked up to the group of tourists taking pictures. He calmly loaded the rifle as he walked up. Robin stepped in front of the group and propped his rifle on a small sapling as a rest. He looked back over his shoulder and asked "Are you guys done taking pictures?"

When one of them said, "Yes," the next thing they heard was the blast of Robin's Model 700 going off. They then saw the moose topple over and kick a couple of time.

Fortunately, back then, people weren't nearly as "woke" as they are now. A couple of the men congratulated Robin on the shot and one even volunteered to help him carry the moose to the road for a little moose meat and a ride into Delta Junction, where the bus was stopping for the night.

Life was a lot simpler back then.

Says a guy from a state where hunting is reserved for those well-heeled enough to afford it on private land.
Where I'm from does not change the facts. I'm sure this is not AZ's first drought. Blaming it on trail cams is trying to justify their incompetence.

Yes they do. This year's Governors tag for elk was over the top. There had to be 20 people in that one picture that were guides or working for the guides to get a 472 green score bull. I would estimate that the guide fees were close to $100k and the tag was $325K at a benefit auction.
Thats not hunting, when the client was simply trucked in, then horseback then told, "there it is.....". I wish I had just stumbled onto that bull and popped him right there in front of the "guides".
The client was the owner of "Jimmy John's". You can see the entire fiasco on YouTube.

I went and watched the video, pretty sad all around. 23 dudes couldn't get him closer than 960yds as he was having trouble breathing just standing up ...on top of that they all seemed proud of this canned hunt, what have we come too, but it's probably worst in Utah

I went and watched the video, pretty sad all around. 23 dudes couldn't get him closer than 960yds as he was having trouble breathing just standing up ...on top of that they all seemed proud of this canned hunt, what have we come too, but it's probably worst in Utah
This was one of those videos that will come back to haunt hunters, guides and our traditions. This was ugly.

Idaho allows them except during hunting season, and I'm OK with that. Game feeders are not allowed, but unfortunately I've seen that Reg ignored.
Idaho has no restrictions on trail cams even when the hunting season is open. Where did you find this info about no use during hunting season in Idaho? Thanks

I still feel stiffer penalties for those that brake the law is the best tool for managing beside a good game count and management program. This doesn't happen over night and should be planed for the long haul and closely monitored.

I realize that the different states have different problems than other states, but it is up to that state to correct it's problems. Through better management than Many, Texas has made painful changes to many but now has one of the largest herd's of white tail deer (Over 4 Million) because of management programs. Many have not worked but they were eventually changed.

Leased land has been around for a long time but many ranches were permission hunting (Without pay) one of the biggest problems then was the poachers that would abuse the land and over harvest game, If they couldn't get permission to hunt where they wanted, they just poached.
At the time if you were caught trespassing, you were ticketed $102.50 (A cheep place to hunt) Texas went to a $5,000 dollar fine and 6 mounts in jail system and trespassing was no longer considered a profitable hunting option.

TPAW, Opened a wildlife management area and studied white tailed deer for over 30 years so they could understand the reason deer antler growth had fallen in size and using there study it was decided that different counties needed different size restrictions and numbers. Many leases started when day hunting proved to be incontrollable so the hunters approached the land owners about getting together enough hunters and leasing his property for hunting and also managing the heard. This was good for the hunter and the land owner because it also managed the abusive hunter that couldn't follow the rules.

It will never be a prefect solution but we have some of the best deer hunting In the states.

Public land for hunting is abundant in Texas but that is where most of the hunting violations are found and where most of the game wardens spend most of their time. leases are very reasonable And if you don't mind some of the illegal hunting the public land can work.

I have found that a moderate priced lease is cheaper than hunting public land because I have full control of the hunting and the land owner depends on me to keep his land clean and violation free. this is one of the trail cams long points. and if anyone comes on the ranch without permission they will be caught and prosecuted.

Hogs are our latest problem and like deer they must be managed or they will over populate.

Nothing worthwhile is easy. In this sport we find that out every day.

J E CUSTOM

Idaho has no restrictions on trail cams even when the hunting season is open. Where did you find this info about no use during hunting season in Idaho? Thanks
Jake,
I was told this by a Idaho FnG officer a couple years ago the day before opening day. So I took his word for it as no one wants to get a Misdemeanor citation ( more FnG violations are misdemeanors then are infractions under the Idaho Code). I couldn't find a trail cam restriction in the current Regs. Thanks for the correction. I did however find this FnG publication:
https://idfg.idaho.gov/about/rules/...visual-and-communication-methods-aids-hunting. Cellular trail cams may revive a restrictions discussion. Thanks again :)