Are you ready?

I found some on Amazon yesterday...I ordered 80 rolls just in case I can't find any later on if this BS continues.

Well, if you end putting some of that on the 'Classifieds' here I'll take @ 10 rolls or so 😂 . Our household is down to Kleenex and baby-wipes. Not a single roll anywhere around THIS neck of the woods.....

Well, if you end putting some of that on the 'Classifieds' here I'll take @ 10 rolls or so 😂 . Our household is down to Kleenex and baby-wipes. Not a single roll anywhere around THIS neck of the woods.....
Try going online to see what's in stock in local stores, then see of you can "buy online, pick up in store" to secure it - our Lowes was fully stocked with lots of tp and hand sanitizer yesterday.

Try going online to see what's in stock in local stores, then see of you can "buy online, pick up in store" to secure it - our Lowes was fully stocked with lots of tp and hand sanitizer yesterday.

I'll try.......As soon as I went on-duty today (06:00) I drove to WalMart, Walgreens, Lowe's AND Kroger...not a roll in sight at ANY of these stores. Unbelievable....

As of last night 1440 cases of Corona-19 and 37 people dead out of a population of over 300 million and Fox news says it's causing "an economic collapse."....what about that picture says. "THIS IS INSANE"

CDC 2018-2019 Flu Season Statistics
48.8 Million Infected
959,000 Hospitalized
79,400 Deaths

Last edited:
As of last night 1440 cases of Corona-19 and 37 people dead out of a population of over 300 million and Fox news says it's causing "an economic collapse."....what about that picture says. "THIS IS INSANE"

CDC 2018-2019 Flu Season Statistics
48.8 Million Infected
959,000 Hospitalized
79,400 Deaths
The death rate and rate of spread/infection

We now personally know someone that has it (presumptive as they have all the symptoms and have been tested for numerous things alll negative) as they dont meet the criteria of "international travel" -- their doctor recomended them for testing but due to shortage of actual tests they denied the test saying that you must have traveled internationally. This criteria may have recently changed but they are now on day 16 and symptoms are finally declining.

It's stuff like this that makes my think about leaving my rural town in Wyoming and moving to Alaska where there are NO people. I would come to town at the end of winter and people would ask "Well, how did you handle all the shortages?" and I would have no care, because I had no direct contact with people for months.

Deputy819, so far our jail here in SW Wyoming is still taking in people, nothing like that is going on. We are still doing our educational programs and classes for the inmates with direct contact, but the admin did have a "Corona Virus" meeting yesterday to go over plans, so maybe that will change.....

The death rate and rate of spread/infection
Death rate of the corona virus seems to be about 2% of the population infected, where as the rate of death for the common flu hangs around .1%, so yes it is more deadly, mainly to those immune compromised. Those people with healthy immune systems, it doesn't seem to have much of an increase in death rate, at least from what I have seen. Not making light of those with compromised immune systems, I have a couple family members that it would very possibly be deadly if they caught it. However I don't think a 1.9% increase validates all this sheepish panic. This kind of behavior can lead to much more catastrophic outcomes than the virus itself, especially when the shortages start to become food or medicine instead of a non life-essential item. I am glad to hear the person you know is getting better.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.