Are the prices ever coming down on components?!

This is ridiculous! Triple or quadruple on primers! Powder prices have at least doubled!
And this stuff sells out in seconds. As long as we line up like suckers and scream "please take my money" no matter the cost, these prices will never normalize. Get a decent amount that you actually "need" and stop hoarding people, please!
They're not coming down until materials come down. I save all my old brass and primers in a 1 lbs can and when it's full I take it to my local recycler. I'm getting double what I used to get! It's supply a demand pure and simple.

This is ridiculous! Triple or quadruple on primers! Powder prices have at least doubled!
And this stuff sells out in seconds. As long as we line up like suckers and scream "please take my money" no matter the cost, these prices will never normalize. Get a decent amount that you actually "need" and stop hoarding people, please!
They probably wont.Look at gasoline.It shot up from 79 cent a gallon to 3 dollars after the big fire at bottom of the Gulf of Mexico on oil rig and never went back dow.You can look for the same thing.If primers get down to $50. We will b e lucky.One thing for sure most ammo on t he shelves at Academy is starting to just sit there. (223/5.56---9mm--7.62×39 -22lr)
And that's about all that's even being made because it really sells fast. Shotgun shells are getting in supply t oo.
We,the reloader get the leftovers of powder primers and bullets..

NOPE, not coming down anytime soon! This is the new normal.

There was an optimist (I'd pray he was right) that used to reply to all the posts like this saying it's just another election year and it always happens like this, and to stop panicking. Haven't seen him post that in a while though lol.

FAR from a normal election year and shortage. Things aren't getting better price wise, for anything. Especially powder/primers/bullets/food/lumber/gas/natural gas/vehicles etc…or anything else necessity or luxury….. Awesome huh?

This is apparently what the majority of Americans wanted that voted for all this. I just hope they're happy with how much better off they are now, and how much less chaotic their lives are vs the Previous 4 years.

So yes just line up and hand them a blank check and be happy, IF it can be found. 😃
They don't see it that way they will blame it on Trump.

don't worry the prices won't come down only go up , if there are any other farmers , ranchers like me you will know what I am talking about , our water supply has been cut by 60% this year , look at where 30% of the wheat we consume comes from , the supply chain is years behind , we are in deep manure here

FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) is driving a large number of the purchases today. I get it and guilty as charged. Hopefully supply will catch up at some point. Supply improvement is the only thing that will normalize this environment.

This "New Normal" crap kills me.
They ( the gov and their crony corporations) want us to accept their bs by shrugging and saying it's the new normal.
Stop buying stuff and see what happens
Also get out and vote in the primaries, the RINOs need to go if we're ever going to fix this mess

Last edited:
Well, when I started reloading in the late '70's a brick of primers went for $10. In the 2000's they cost $30 a brick. I would imagine the current price will stick for a while. And then increase again. I don't see the price dropping back down to $10 a brick. Though I can hope it might. 😁

Bob

Welcome to the world of high, then hyper, inflation coupled with shortages and supply chain breakdown.

It isn't just shooting components that are sky high and in short supply, we have had orders for items that are now 1 year and waiting, and the supplier has no real idea when, of if, they will arrive. With the war in Ukr and Russian sanctions beginning to bite, numerous shortages in raw materials, grains, oil products and minerals, including much fertilizers, will be adding to all our woes. THEN, we have a Bird Flu epidemic hitting our chicken, eggs and turkey supply chains with predicted much higher costs and shortages.

We are not in Kansas anymore Toto.

Recent Posts