Are Sellier & Bellot primers any good.

Hello All,

I have used them for awhile now ( A Year or So) they help spread my match primers out to last a bit longer and they have worked Great. I mainly use them with blasting ammo, i.e. shooting pigs and other running game. I've used them in .308 , 6.5 CM, 260 Rem., several others. No problems at all.

My 0.02 anyway

jaclthr

I picked up several thousand to use with plinking rifles. Forget how, but think I was out of br4s, I ended up using the SR primers getting ready for and during a local sportsman's club 100/200 yard match. Didn't Chrono them or anything but they shot just as good as br4s in my 6br at shorter range for me. Wish I would have bought a crap ton of them now, but glad I had 3 or 4 thousand of the Sr and lr on the shelf now for when my normal CCIs run out, if all this craziness is still going on.

But my usage of them, was working back to load I used checking for pressure. Once at normal load just starting shooting a bunch of groups. Hadn't shot in a while so spent a couple of days shooting about 200 practice shots, then about 40 or 50 at the match. Had my Chrono with me during the practice but since it was shooting just as well as it had been with the bench rest primers didn't even worry about it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if I could find them for reasonable prices (although $120 seems like the going rate on all sites I have seen primers in stock on, don't think that counts as "reasonable", so i wouldn't buy them, or any others, for that price.)

Granted this is not an extremely large data set, nor recorded with traditional methods, just my thoughts and experience. Have used them with other rifles/cartridges and haven't had one fail to fire or delay ignition as someone else mentioned, I do however hate the cold weather, so probably had almost ideal scenarios each time I pulled the trigger behind one of their primers.

Any body actually use them?Thanks ahead,Huntz
I used them out of desperation. They have performed just fine. I have accurate loads with them in .270win and .243 In my 12ga and 20ga however while performing perfectly the shotshell primers are a tiny bit larger than USA primers and stretch the primer pocket. So now I MUST use S&B primers in those shotshell cases. Otherwise they perform reliably and consistently.

I've had great results using S&B primers. I have used LR, SR, and LP with no issues whatsoever. Before the world got crazy, Cabela's had them for $10/brick during one of their 2nd Amendment sales. Still kicking myself for not buying more...