Need info on Sellier & Bellot primers.

RT2506

Has anyone used any Sellier & Bellot primers? What do you think of them. I would be interested in using them in a AR rifle also. I have found where I can get these about $10 a thousands cheaper than most other primers.

A couple years back a coworker and I split a case each of S&B small rifle and small pistol, we have both gone through 1000's without a problem (loaded in .223, 9mm, and 38 Super)

I used LRM S&B this summer in my 300wm without issues. They seem to be not as hot as the CCI and WLRM. I ran into some issues with hang fires in subfreezing weather this winter with slower powders (RL26 & H100). I did not have problems with CCI that day but I only shot them in loads with H1000 if I remember right. I have a pretty good number of LR and LRM S&B primers on hand but doubt I will use them after the temperature related problems I experienced.

Not withstanding the above, I had read on line where a bench rest shooter obtained very good ES with S&B LR primers, which is what had prompted me to try them out.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.