Are bolt actions too slow

Seating the bullets to 'jam the lands' can lead to a stuck bullet while out hunting.

I realize the video is varmint control, but most big game hunting comes down to that 1st, unhurried, careful shot, at unspooked game. If one is already thinking about the 2nd & 3rd shot, before the 1st, not ideal.

All comes down to practice. Same type of thing with using handguns for bear protection here on the Rocky Mountain front. Many say you need a hot loaded 10mm so you have instant followup shots and 12-15 back up shots. Some say the semi autos are poor choices if a bear gets you within touching reach because any pressure on the muzzle will unlock the slide and pistol will not shoot. some say double action big bore revolver is only way to go as you have followup shots in any situation, just pull trigger. I personally like the big bore single action revolvers. In theory the slowest of all handguns as you need to thumb the hammer for each shot. Still. With some practice it is fully capable of being extremely effective for protection even though its the slowest and simplest form of repeating handgun. That is perhaps its strongest advantage though. Just like a good bolt gun, with proper training and practice, will serve you just fine.

I have a 6mm creedmoor setup left handed action that I use at night for varmints and hogs on a tripod setup with thermal. I cycle left handed and never have to take my hand off the trigger. Works great. Just have to get used to the left handed thing.