AR10 Receiver Sets

I went with the M5E1. Ballistic Advantage barrels are quite heavy, so with that weight, the M5E1 is the best way to go. The barrel change I went with BSF carbon fiber that reduced the weight by three pounds total weight now is 11 pounds. This AR-10 is more accurate than I can be. I'm getting group sizes under a half inch or smaller. One six rounds group almost quarter inch. There is a lot of quality barrels on the market, it all depends on how much you are willing to spend.
Sounds nice! Mine is a M5E1 Craddock Percision 24" Bartlein barrel. It's a pig but worth the hump!

I talked to Wilson Combat today, they currently do not sell the AR10 as a receiver set at this time. However, was informed there is a very good chance they will in the near future.

I really like the POF as well, same situation they do not sell a billet receiver set for the A.R. 10 at this time.

Yes the Aero Percision M5E1 is the better of the two I believe

Last edited:
I have seen AR 10 rifles that could shoot better groups as bolt rifles at 100 and some that shoot 2 inches at 100 yards.
The expensive ones are being used all over the world by para military.
Most notable is Knight Armorer I think is the name and I have shot one that grouped as well as any bolt rifle I owned in 308.
A Seekin's in 260 shot same hole at 100 yards.
If your gonna go AR 10 in 308 get a good one!
Old Rooster

That company is Knight's Armament.
Not only do they make one of the best AR 10's but also make Knight Vision optics.
I can't afford one but I have shot and disassembled them in the past,extremely tight.
Old Rooster

You might want to add Core15 to your list. They make quality parts in their shop at a reasonable price. I built a 458 SOCOM on their mil spec lower.

Which one is your top pick:

Christensen Arms: CA10
POF Revolution
H&K MR762
Bushmaster
Wilson Combat:
Noveske:
Daniel Defense:

Sounds nice! Mine is a M5E1 Craddock Percision 24" Bartlein barrel. It's a pig but worth the hump!
So, what's the final weight? The first barrel from Ballistic Advantage 20", I gave it to my grandson and I bought a standard upper receiver in AR-10 and gave him some parts for him to have his own AR-10.

Which one is your top pick:

Christensen Arms: CA10
POF Revolution
H&K MR762
Bushmaster
Wilson Combat:
Noveske:
Daniel Defense:

I can't honestly say I know enough about one company/product or the next. Each have certain attributes I like both in your list and in mine. Buying a turn key set up from one of the top manufacturers is easy, but that's the beauty in a build, you get exactly what you want. That and I can piece one together a lot cheaper than buying outright.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.