AR10 Receiver Sets

C.O. Shooter

Someone else makes them, for them. It looks like CMT Tactical machines them.
Seekins and Aero used to build alot of their stuff...Not sure if they still are, or who all is, but I know their older stuff prior to 2015 (when I built my last AR) was super high quality. So, it's still very high-quality stuff.

Are all AR10 parts interchangeable like AR15s?
I've heard that the 10s are not.
Any truth to that?
No. And not all AR15 parts either. Armalite AR10 & AR15 parts and some old Colts the parts are not interchangeable with what we consider modern "mil-spec" parts and receivers, that are our "standard" that we go by.

The AR15 and AR10 (M4 / M5) are two different platforms. Most parts are not interchangeable due to the AR10 being considerably larger in order for it to utilize the larger .308 type /size cartridges.

I was also gonna build one but i couldn't make up my choices. So i ended up buying Christensen Arms CA-10. I got it in 6.5 creedmoor. I really really like it a lot.

I built an AR-10 in 6.5 CM. About 85% are parts from Aero Precision including BCG and the barrel. I did a lot of research on YouTube and read what I could about building an AR-10 and any problems encountered by others who had built AR-10. The barrel and the BCG need to be mated together with fewer problems. The gas block I went with an adjustable one that is adjustable from the front, not the side. The trigger is a Trigger Tech adjustable. The more parts from one company the better in operation. The spring buy a flat spring better than a standard spring supply with buffer tubes. Additional information if sometime in the future a barrel change, you're going to have to change the BCG as well. I went from a 20" barrel to a 24" barrel where I had to buy a Fail Zero BCG to solve the headspace problem from the barrel change. I hope that this helps you in your build.

I see you have the Aero Precison listed but you list the M5, although great you should look at the M5E1 it's built a little heavier great for the 6 and 6.5 Creed

I see you have the Aero Precison listed but you list the M5, although great you should look at the M5E1 it's built a little heavier great for the 6 and 6.5 Creed
I went with the M5E1. Ballistic Advantage barrels are quite heavy, so with that weight, the M5E1 is the best way to go. The barrel change I went with BSF carbon fiber that reduced the weight by three pounds total weight now is 11 pounds. This AR-10 is more accurate than I can be. I'm getting group sizes under a half inch or smaller. One six rounds group almost quarter inch. There is a lot of quality barrels on the market, it all depends on how much you are willing to spend.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.