AR10 bolt carrier group and muzzle brake help

Alibiiv

It is Christmas time and again I am asking for some AR help for my son's Christmas. Presently we are building .375 Raptors, my build is a Ruger 77, his is an AR10 platform. His build is being based upon an Aero Precision AR10 platform with a 16 inch, X Caliber stainless barrel. This entire build, with the exception of the barrel, is Aero Precision. He mentioned the other day that he was thinking about replacing this "Fail Zero" bolt carrier group with a titanium bolt carrier group instead. He also stated that he wanted to buy a muzzle brake for the build as well. I'm pretty certain that he was looking at a "4 port" muzzle brake to tame the .375 Raptor down, I think he mentioned $160 price range but could be mistaken on that one?? I am pretty certain that he has all of the other parts for the build, these are the last ones he is looking to get. I do not know very much about ARs at all and would appreciate some direction with locating and purchasing these parts. I don't want to wait until the last minute to make the purchases and Christmas is coming fast. Any recommendations or suggestions about a titanium bolt carrier group and a muzzle brake would be appreciated. And...thank you for your help and recommendations.

My advice is stick with a steel full mass bcg for durability and reliability.
JP precision is the only BCG I'll run on an AR10

This is solid advice, JP with the HP bolt to reduce any cratering of primers and early pressure.

I have a Fail Zero in one M5E1 and a Skeltonized Fail Zero in another M5E1, the Skeltonized version was very finicky to tune, the full mass was a breeze.

Avoid any of the twin ejector HP (Toolcraft) bolts, they produce early pressure signs and are hard on brass.

Witt machine 45cal muzzle brake/mitigator,$175,4" long.It's a traditonal muzzle brake with a screw on linear cover. I use on SP's,18" Ar10 6.5 cm and Ar10 375 raptor. I ended up leaving the covers on,about 1/2 of recoil reduction compared with bare mb,but it directs noise down range.
Best bare muzzle brake for being for the shooter being close to muzzle,it's what most of us use on Sp's 15-18" barrels is Holland radial brake or Jp tanker mb.I've bought some expensive steel and ti brakes designed for long barreled rifles,they reduce recoil the best ,but two-3 rounds from a 17" 28 nosler ,with ear plugs and muffs, will give ya serious headache and powders have have different flavors, after one shot your buddy sitting at the bench with you,......poof,he disappears.

My advice is stick with a steel full mass bcg for durability and reliability.
JP precision is the only BCG I'll run on an AR10
I just wet to JP Precision's web page. Again I am a bluing and walnut gun person, I don't understand any of these parts or even the nomenclature of them. I did find a particular bolt carrier group, but...there appears to be more that is needed to run this bolt carrier group. What else would you suggest? Please remember this is in an AR10, 16 inch mid gas port barrel, running a .375 Raptor and from what I have read this is a good cartridge to run in an AR. Do I need to purchase this additional spring/buffer?

Stay with the steel, it not cheaper, but more important safer and reliable. A good smith can take some weight out of the steel BCG for less than the cost of the Ti. A DPMS/Clark custom- Jerry Miculek 30 cal brake that can be opened up is very effective and cheap. Also consider an adjustable gas block.

I don't recall what buffer I used , mine is 18" carbine gas port,adjusable gas block ,X caliber. barrel.I bought my upper and ammo from Omegarifles.com 254-435-3039 small shop, they'll help ya

I just wet to JP Precision's web page. Again I am a bluing and walnut gun person, I don't understand any of these parts or even the nomenclature of them. I did find a particular bolt carrier group, but...there appears to be more that is needed to run this bolt carrier group. What else would you suggest? Please remember this is in an AR10, 16 inch mid gas port barrel, running a .375 Raptor and from what I have read this is a good cartridge to run in an AR. Do I need to purchase this additional spring/buffer?

You're looking at the silent capture system. Personally I'd just get this bolt.
https://jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPBC-5 BCG

You could use the silent capture spring, I hear it virtually eliminates recoil, or if you're running suppressed I'd use this buffer setup.
You can buy one of their extra power springs too for reducing gas

https://www.griffinarmament.com/griffin-ar10-stock-mounting-kit/

Does he have an adjustable gas block? If not, then don't buy a titanium bcg.

As far as mb goes-- I love the mbm brakes--- they work extremely well on all 7 rifles I have them on, even my ultralight ar308 (6.8 pounds fully equipped, including ti bcg)