Muzzle Brake help

mobenzowner

Looking for a muzzle brake for my 700 aac-sd in .308. Looking at the APA Lil B and the Fat B as well as the PA M4-72. Obviously a little easier install on the APA breaks as no crush washers are needed. Also the Fat B is about $25 more than the Lil B, is it worth the difference? At this price, what's another $25. As far as recoil reduction are these 3 choices comparable?

I read good things on the bastard brakes. I have had a poor experience with trying other breaks with good reputations. I will no longer make a compromise. For my personal rifles and for our customer builds we will only use Pain Killer brakes. Unless a customer specifically orders something different. Not all brakes are created equal. I think there are very few good ones and then there is the rest.

I know you were not asking for what brake to get. Rich won't steer you wrong.

Steve

I'm not a fan of muzzle brakes that redirect the sound and blast back into the shooter's face .... while they can be very effective, to me the bad outweighs the good .... rather than a classic muzzlebrake I have mine Mag-na-ported .... doing so reduces recoil and barrel jump, that allows quicker followup shot .... if I can make myself keep my eyes open, I can usually see the bullet hit the target .... have done so with both deer and targets.

I also really like the West Texas Ordnance brake. Have them on 3 rifles & it really makes them a pleasure to shoot. Mine are 90 degree 3 port.

I have the Lil bastard and it works great. It is on a 300 RUM. The only thing I have to say is dont sit next to it. It will blow you binos over. LOL. It is also very loud as well. I am thinking about switching it out, I am getting a suppressor for the gun. I would let mine go if you are interested. PM me.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.