Muzzle brake and velocity

Adapt and overcome. Tubb shoots with the Magneto Speed attached to his rifle on the very long range shots... it does not attach to the barrel so buy his product and you don't have to worry about attaching to the barrel, velocity, or harmonics... or shoot over sky screens or lab radar.
If you read the first post I made it clearly stated the v3 was not on the barrel, I made my own mount.

If you read the first post I made it clearly stated the v3 was not on the barrel, I made my own mount.
I missed that..good for you, most who are concerned have done other methods of attachment..or other chronographs. Seems like a big freak out over an easily solvable problem. I don't understand the brake on, then taking it off shooting groups & chronograping. I have a Area 419 thats hand detachable instantly for that endeavor, if I so chose on my 6 Dasher, which is very accurate with the brake on. I could out of curiosity, take it off and check velocity and group size, but I'm happy with it as is, more accurate than I require, for my shooting.
But I only remove it to clean it. My muzzle breaks are always on when I'm shooting on the rifle that they are installed on.. I don't care about the velocity or impact change with them off. All the variables in all the electronics, bullets, barrels, powders, primers, cases, have to come together, confirmed and adjusted at 650 yds and then confirmed again at 1000 yds. In the end the target let's ya know. If I were bench rest shooting in competition I may not have a brake or install a tuner. Anything you add or take off a rifle barrel can and often does change group size and location of groups.

I missed that..good for you, most who are concerned have done other methods of attachment..or other chronographs. Seems like a big freak out over an easily solvable problem. I don't understand the brake on, then taking it off shooting groups & chronograping. I have a Area 419 thats hand detachable instantly for that endeavor, if I so chose on my 6 Dasher, which is very accurate with the brake on. I could out of curiosity, take it off and check velocity and group size, but I'm happy with it as is, more accurate than I require, for my shooting.
But I only remove it to clean it. My muzzle breaks are always on when I'm shooting on the rifle that they are installed on.. I don't care about the velocity or impact change with them off. All the variables in all the electronics, bullets, barrels, powders, primers, cases, have to come together, confirmed and adjusted at 650 yds and then confirmed again at 1000 yds. In the end the target let's ya know. If I were bench rest shooting in competition I may not have a brake or install a tuner. Anything you add or take off a rifle barrel can and often does change group size and location of groups.
Wow, your some kind of kind aren't you!
It wasn't a "freak out" as you say, its a piece of information I decided to pass on to the OP for HIS reference not for you to critique and bash my findings and then put yourself up on a pedestal talking how your equipment and shooting is just so stellar.
This is a long range HUNTING forum, I hunt with my rifle with others around me and got tired of packing ear gear everywhere I went. So thinking of them, I took my brake off to not blow ear drums out, is that ok with you?

You haven't brought any piece of information or advice to the table for the OP that hasn't already been covered, buzz off troll!

Wow, your some kind of kind aren't you!
It wasn't a "freak out" as you say, its a piece of information I decided to pass on to the OP for HIS reference not for you to critique and bash my findings and then put yourself up on a pedestal talking how your equipment and shooting is just so stellar.
This is a long range HUNTING forum, I hunt with my rifle with others around me and got tired of packing ear gear everywhere I went. So thinking of them, I took my brake off to not blow ear drums out, is that ok with you?

You haven't brought any piece of information or advice to the table for the OP that hasn't already been covered, buzz off troll!
Thanks for kind words,.. in your "freaked out" flag waving message...I use hearing protection, and believe everyone should when possible. Many of my "hunting rifles" do not have breaks like my 338 and 416 Rigby and have been fired without hearing protection while hunting, same for the 7mm mag, for many years in the field, but ya only shoot once...usually. But even that damages your hearing, so the "experts say", so you know all about that. Good to hear it...

Recent Posts