ar in 6.5 creedmoore

DUST_U

Anyone have any experience with this round in a ar? Would like to see what there is for options.

I'm in the middle of doing one as we speak just started but it should be a awesome little round. Haven't decided on barrel length 20 or 22. I don't want to give up to much speed. If I go to short a .308 seems better. I will be building it so I will just use a 6.5 barrel

I've got a 6.5 CM on AR10 format. Built on Mega MKM upper, lower, handguard w/ 22" JP Enterprises barrel. It's a .5 MOA gun and super smooth.

I have one in a jp enterprises and its a hammer on coyotes. Great shooter and ultra reliable. Have changed my direction and getting away from ar's and going back old school. I shoot bolts better. But this ar10 in a 6.5 is bad *****

I love mine super accurate and reliable. Here the build list:

DPMS LR-308 Lower
Fulton Armory Side Charging Upper
Fulton Armory Side Charging Bolt Carrier
JP Enterprises Enhanced Bolt & Extractor
Fulton Armory Criterion 24" Match Barrel
SAS Tactical Custom Brake with 30 Degree Rear Ports
Phase 5 Tactical Extended Bolt Release
DPMS Panther Handgrip
TACMOD Stock
JP Enterprises Silent Capture Spring Assembly
JP Enterprises 15" Handguard
Syrac Adj. Gas Block
Hiperfire 24E 2.5lb Trigger
EGW Bipod
Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 Scope*
Burris P.E.P.R 30mm Mount

I was playing around with mine today 385 yards 139gr Scenar Superformance powder 4 shot group 2670fps SD 7

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 169
I had a 27" Bartelin barrel on my Armalite A10 back in February 2015 and it shoots 130 gr VLD Berger's in one ragged hole. One of the best gas guns that I have ever had !!!

Built my own 6.5 Creedmoor AR. Used a DPMS LR308 upper assembly to which I attached a JP Enterprises Cryogenic Super-match 22" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel with matched bolt. Added a Munstrum 17" quad rail free float guard and a JP 5/8-24 break.
Attached to my existing DPMS LR308 lower with Magpul PRS butt stock.

Chuck...

You wrote: "Built my own 6.5 Creedmoor AR. Used a DPMS LR308 upper assembly to which I attached a JP Enterprises Cryogenic Super-match 22" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel with matched bolt. Added a Munstrum 17" quad rail free float guard and a JP 5/8-24 break. Attached to my existing DPMS LR308 lower with Magpul PRS butt stock".

But, you forgot to say what kind of accuracy your getting at what range...:)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.