ar in 6.5 creedmoore

I have one on the way, may arrive next week from Christensen Arms. Their CA-10 in 6.5 CM. Pretty excited to get this rifle going.

Jeff

Broz,
I looked at them as well. still haven't pulled the trigger. Trying to decide if i want a CA-10 in 6.5CM or F&D Defense in 6.5CM.

F&D is a piston system. Full adjustable, and for shooting suppressed would be really nice.
I haven't found a lot of info on either of these two guns though. Interested in what you think once you get hands on.

thanks
RLTW
Steve

got an entire series of videos based on it.
In short. ITS FRIGGIN AWESOME!
I was at 100% hog kill ratio for 4 months until I got anxious with a sounder and pulled a shot. Even then. I managed to get a double.

Re: ar in 6.5 creedmoore, weight

I actually built one from scratch using a Armalite based lower/upper for the AR10 platform. 22" Barrel by McGowen and it shoots lights out. A little heavy but deadly accurate and very good at LR distances.

...And that gets to my question, guys. At what overall weights (without bipod, unloaded) are your rigs coming in?

I was teetering on building a 6.5 Grendel for a few months but I really like to keep the MVs in the upper 2000s so the 6.5 C is the obvious choice. For hunting though, weight is a consideration.

...And that gets to my question, guys. At what overall weights (without bipod, unloaded) are your rigs coming in?

I was teetering on building a 6.5 Grendel for a few months but I really like to keep the MVs in the upper 2000s so the 6.5 C is the obvious choice. For hunting though, weight is a consideration.

My AR10 6.5 Creedmoor unloaded with no bipod and scoped with a Vortex HS LRT 4-20x50 comes in just over 11.5 lbs.

My AR15 6.5 Grendel comes in just under 9.5 lbs with a 24" barrel. Don't fool yourself with the Grendel as we took a Whitetail with it this year at 402 yards. Buck walked 5 feet and fell over. 123 grain SST.

Pictures of both rigs to follow. 6.5 Creed is Desert Tan. 6.5 Grendel is Black.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 115

My AR10 6.5 Creedmoor unloaded with no bipod and scoped with a Vortex HS LRT 4-20x50 comes in just over 11.5 lbs.

My AR15 6.5 Grendel comes in just under 9.5 lbs with a 24" barrel. Don't fool yourself with the Grendel as we took a Whitetail with it this year at 402 yards. Buck walked 5 feet and fell over. 123 grain SST.

Pictures of both rigs to follow. 6.5 Creed is Desert Tan. 6.5 Grendel is Black.

Thanks for your input jg. Both rigs look awesome. Waiting to see what happens with pistol grip rifles in Calif. in case I move back there. Basically, looks like we won't be able to own one there unless registered as an assault rife with the state, which means you can't transfer, sell, or do anything with it. Must be surrendered and destroyed upon your death.

Thanks for the feedback. Nice lookin rigs!

I agree 100% . I see some are using DPMS LR .308 uppers and lowers. I came across a nice Dpms LR .308 that is actually a .260 . with an 18" barrel .question is if I want to make it a 6.5 creedmoore what is needed to accomplish this, and have an ar10 in a cartridge (6.5 cm) I can get my hands on components and factory ammo as well. Thanks guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.