"AR" Definition

Let me just start by saying that I am a Benefactor member of the NRA and have been for many years, decades actually.

With that being said, I don't think our conservative elected officials can continue to block every single new proposed gun law in the face of the significant number of civilian deaths due to gun violence. The recent mass shootings have gotten all the headlines lately, but street thugs are killing people at an unprecedented rate.

Citizens (voters) are charged up right now and want SOMETHING done. Any official who refuses to do ANYTHING to help alleviate the number of tragic gun deaths in the country probably won't hold office too long. Should the political numbers tilt any farther left, the shooting sports will be decimated by the liberals.

I don't know the answer to the gun violence problem in this country but it's in all of our interest to get a handle on this before things get any worse.
Couple questions.

In your second statement you said you don't think our conservative elected officials can continue to block every new proposed gun law. Which gun law that has ever been proposed or implemented has ever stopped a person from killing another if that is what they were hell bent on killing that person with or without a gun? Typically isn't what stops one of these killings someone with a gun? Any proposed gun law does not take a weapon out of the hands of a criminal but it could hinder the law abiding citizen from getting a weapon and using it to stop the criminal. Do you believe that someone who is going to commit murder will not because they don't want to break a gun law or steal a gun, or use their vehicle, or a bomb, or a knife, etc.?

In your third statement you highlighted SOMETHING and ANYTHING. Do you believe gun laws should be passed just so people say we did something even if that something did nothing? You also speculate that won't do anything will be voted out of office. What is your definition of anything?

In your last statement you don't know the answer. Do you believe anyone in Washington does know the answer? If nobody has the answer should they just do SOMETHING or ANYTHING to make people feel good?

In your first statement you felt you needed to pre-qualify yourself as a benefactor member of the NRA which is exists to protect us from unconstitutional gun laws. You then made a bunch of general statements to make any gun law that makes people feel better. Maybe the NRA doesn't align with your views?

New York is even going after the old Marlin Model 70, .22lr.
Semi auto with a 5/7rd detachable magazine.

NYC gun control.jpg

Couple questions.

In your second statement you said you don't think our conservative elected officials can continue to block every new proposed gun law. Which gun law that has ever been proposed or implemented has ever stopped a person from killing another if that is what they were hell bent on killing that person with or without a gun? Typically isn't what stops one of these killings someone with a gun? Any proposed gun law does not take a weapon out of the hands of a criminal but it could hinder the law abiding citizen from getting a weapon and using it to stop the criminal. Do you believe that someone who is going to commit murder will not because they don't want to break a gun law or steal a gun, or use their vehicle, or a bomb, or a knife, etc.?

In your third statement you highlighted SOMETHING and ANYTHING. Do you believe gun laws should be passed just so people say we did something even if that something did nothing? You also speculate that won't do anything will be voted out of office. What is your definition of anything?

In your last statement you don't know the answer. Do you believe anyone in Washington does know the answer? If nobody has the answer should they just do SOMETHING or ANYTHING to make people feel good?

In your first statement you felt you needed to pre-qualify yourself as a benefactor member of the NRA which is exists to protect us from unconstitutional gun laws. You then made a bunch of general statements to make any gun law that makes people feel better. Maybe the NRA doesn't align with your views?
You apparently missed the entire point but that's ok. Suffice it to say that it is important to keep our conservative elective officials (from any political party) in office where they can protect our rights as we see them. Should more conservatives be replaced with progressives we will be living in a country that we don't recognize.

And yes, even I think that we need to take steps to eradicate gun violence in this country. The human toll is horrific, in addition to the fact that it is a national disgrace. And yes, I readily admit that I don't have all the answers; do you?

Couple questions.

Varmint Hunter - good statements, on track - indicates support of 2nd A and gets into current attacks on 2nd A.

My view is that VH is correct in that legislation protecting gun rights cannot continue to be successful - at least under the current political leadership and public attitudes. This is all about molding & then reacting to the vast public attitude towards firearms. Many D.C. politicians know exactly what their objective is - mold public opinion, divert attention from current policy disasters, acquire votes & support, denigrate opposition, and increase control. Public ingnorance & fear assist these politicians.

VH, a benefactor NRA member, provided a simple alert to the current situation. VH statements do not oppose NRA policies. Any confusion of intent can be resolved by reading the statement again or asking for assistance.

Gun violence, in part, is increased by acclaim by a certain evil element of society. Perps, freqently attired in miltary regalia, if not killed on site, need quiet trials, follwed conviction then lethal injection (needle).

Let me just start by saying that I am a Benefactor member of the NRA and have been for many years, decades actually.

With that being said, I don't think our conservative elected officials can continue to block every single new proposed gun law in the face of the significant number of civilian deaths due to gun violence. The recent mass shootings have gotten all the headlines lately, but street thugs are killing people at an unprecedented rate.

Citizens (voters) are charged up right now and want SOMETHING done. Any official who refuses to do ANYTHING to help alleviate the number of tragic gun deaths in the country probably won't hold office too long. Should the political numbers tilt any farther left, the shooting sports will be decimated by the liberals.

I don't know the answer to the gun violence problem in this country but it's in all of our interest to get a handle on this before things get any worse.

The issue is that the liberals sensationalize mass shooting and ignore inner city gun violence while actively working to make both worse. They want to make the inner city violence worse because it scares people and allows the politicians to gain more power when people ask them to do something to stop the violence. Mass shootings get the same result outside of the inner city because they can happen anywhere.

Instead of people looking for the government to save them, which the Florida and Texas shootings showed they will not, the people should take it upon themselves to protect those they care about. Nobody is going to fight harder to save your life than you.

In responses to deaths and injuries, vehicle manufacturers were required to add seatbelts and, later, airbags. Training, licensing, and insurance are required. We all still drive, and there are fewer casualties.

Seat belts and safety features mitigate the injuries of the user in the event of an accident, firearm companies already do that when they design the guns. As for training licensing and insurance, driving is a privilege, not a right and additionally nobody is trying to curb the number of people driving through those methods like they would try to do with the second amendment.

Right now people are fine with training, licensing and insurance for driving because they are relatively unobtrusive. You take a test once when you are sixteen, renew every 5 years for a few bucks and maintain insurance that helps you should you get into an accident.

However what if they started making them more strict as a way to combat the rise in vehicle fatalities which still greatly outnumber gun homicides? What if they started implementing training requirements where you had to take a multi hour refresher course to get your license renewed and reduced it from every five years to two or even annually.

I personally think everybody in this country should have a basic training on firearms, there are over 400 Million of them in this country so it is almost guaranteed that you will encounter them throughout your life. What I absolutely do not agree with is mandatory training requirements to simply own a gun as that can be then used as a way to curb ownership while doing nothing to stop the violence.

Passing vote on "AR" Firearms and High Cap Mags in the Congress today. Still has to go to the Senate.

What is the definition of an "AR"?

I always thought it was "ArmaLite Rifle".

Will the sale price of High Cap Mags go up?

Will the sale price of an "AR" style firearm go up or down depending on the "Definition" of what the proposed law is?

Could a Ruger 10/22 be considered an "AR" since it is a Semi Automatic?
1ba4dc38f7860124b1454d3564fe843e.png
1px.png
8dda72e26c11345d49ec1c1f265a6deb.png
There's been a lot of political talk recently about banning "assault" "rifles" similar to this one that my son was holding when he was going through a Navy SEAL phase back when he was 6.
They're talking about how civilians don't need "weapons of war" for hunting or self defense...
That we should just shoot a shotgun through the door...
Or aim for the leg...
...And, how deadly they are.
But, if they're so deadly and effective, why doesn't SWAT or the military ever use AR-15s for assaulting?
Find out this and more right now over on the blog by clicking >HERE<
And, yes...while you're there, I'll tell you the story behind the picture. FYI, it's a non-functional airsoft carbine that we use for training.
1px.png
1px.png
Stay safe and God Bless,
b30a8ae7cdaa3e2f86c25f15beb01c56.png
Ox & David Morris
TacticsAndPreparedness.com
DryFireTrainingCards.com
1px.png
Manage Your Subscription
This message was sent to [email protected] from [email protected]

~Ox & David Dry Fire Training Cards~
UrbSurv LLC
2600a E Seltice #428
Post Falls, Idaho 83854

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

iContact - Try it for FREE

track.php

You apparently missed the entire point but that's ok. Suffice it to say that it is important to keep our conservative elective officials (from any political party) in office where they can protect our rights as we see them. Should more conservatives be replaced with progressives we will be living in a country that we don't recognize.

And yes, even I think that we need to take steps to eradicate gun violence in this country. The human toll is horrific, in addition to the fact that it is a national disgrace. And yes, I readily admit that I don't have all the answers; do you?
I do not have all the answers. I may have missed the entire point of your post but I asked questions on what you wrote. I asked questions based on what you wrote which you only answered one of them. It was not intended to be offensive the questions were for clarification. Yes there are people dieing. No they shouldn't be. I don't vote for anybody to pass laws to make people feel better that will not solve a problem. If you go back to your post the way it was worded it sounded like you were advocating for conservative politicians to do something just to stay in office. That is a fools errand and a sure way to get voted out IMO.

I would like to clarify one thing in my post above. I don't have the answers and don't claim to because I don't believe there is an answer. Sick people have done sick things since the beginning of time. If they don't have one weapon they will use another. If the government tool away all handguns and AR's they would use shotguns. If they take away shotguns they will use lever or bolt guns. Then there are cars, trucks, planes, and on and on.

If someone chooses not to own firearms, that is their right, however it is NOT their right to strip or infringe upon my rights under the constitution. The national disgrace goes way beyond gun violence.....how about violence in general? if gun mfg can be sued for deaths, how about automobile companies , knife companies, anybody who manufactures scissors or glass bottles or clubs, how about video games that depict violent content? R-rated movies for violence??
I wont even mention the millions of unborn babies slaughtered since 1973 due to abortions. Who do we arrest for that?

Couple questions.

Like the corny old saying that is so true: "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns."
IF guns were taken away from law abiding citizens "the bad guys" will still have guns. They always will. (They don't fill out background checks)

Here is the actual problem EVERYWHERE.!

A murder in a local mall a couple years ago and killer was sentenced recently.

Do you know what he was sentenced?

Ten freaking years! 5 waived off the 15 if he is a good boy. So where is the Federal firearm sentencing for a felon having a firearm and then killing someone?

This is ABSOLUTE 🐂🐂🐂 💩💩💩💩. But yet nobody in the media even questions this travesty of justice!

Ten years for committing a murder is nonsense. Lunacy. Judges, DA's are more concerned in cases processed versus putting these violent felons AWAY for good. A disgrace and what an insult to victims family.

Thus is where we need to get after everyone.

Recent Posts