Need help on EXBAL program definitions

Gone Ballistic

Hey Folks,
I need some help understanding a part of the Exbal program I purchased through Nightforce.
What is the program making reference to when it asks how high above the bore (Muzzle) your sight is? Am I to assume that they are asking me how high the center of my scope is mounted above the center of the bore? Obviously the way this question gets answered has to be correct or the rest of the program is useless.
I'm using a Nightforce NXS 5.5X22X50 with 1"Warne rings on a Nightforce 20MOA rail mount. Can you give me an answer to solve my delima? I have used 1.25 and it definately isn't working so I am assuming I should probably use more is they want center of scope to center of bore. At the cost of ammo, I would like an answer rather than expending a bunch of ammo trying to walk my shots in.

kcebj,

I was pretty sure that was what one had to do. How did you go about taking that measurement? I had originally put in 1.25 and should have shot at closer yardage to start out with. I started at 582yds and couldn't even see where I was hitting. Then went to second target at 834yds and gave up as my spotter never could see a speck of dirt fly. Figured after 20 rounds of expensive futility I'd better start asking questions.

While you've been so kind to lend me a hand on this, I have one other question you may be able to help me with. I have purchased several Palm E pilots to download the exbal program on but the batteries eventually won't hold a charge and I loose the exbal program. I can't afford something like the Trimble Recon at present. Do you know of something of less expense I could aquire that would do the job for me? I don't have a smart phone or anything to take to the field other than the Palm.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts