AR Coyote/home defense scope

dstark

Looking for some recommendations for a new scope for my AR. It's a 16" bushmaster, RRA 2 stage trigger, free float.
I am after something that will give me 500 yd coyote low light precision but that still has lower magnification for fast, close range stuff. Also trying to keep the whole setup relatively light and compact, so probly no 50mm.
My budget is sub $400, could be illuminated but must function w/o batteries. Also I prefer some type of BDC reticle. Thanks for your help. My rifle is wearing an eotech currently but I feel like I need some magnification.

Looking for some recommendations for a new scope for my AR. It's a 16" bushmaster, RRA 2 stage trigger, free float.
I am after something that will give me 500 yd coyote low light precision but that still has lower magnification for fast, close range stuff. Also trying to keep the whole setup relatively light and compact, so probly no 50mm.
My budget is sub $400, could be illuminated but must function w/o batteries. Also I prefer some type of BDC reticle. Thanks for your help. My rifle is wearing an eotech currently but I feel like I need some magnification.

If you can wait to buy and get your budget up I would. Other options would be to try a magnifier behind your optic and learn your holds.

Sub 400$ with a BDC that will dial down to 1x that's a hard one and off the top of my head. Only thing that comes to mind that is of any type of known quality is the burris MTAC line and in 5.56 that only gives you 1-4, which does not make 500 yard shooting impossible but challenging.

If you could double your budget there are some nice 1-6 options for you out there. I would figure 150 to 200 for the correct mount as well. The SWFA super sniper, Bushnell HDMR etc hope this helps a little.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.