• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED APS 260 Rem Sporter for sale

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Early APS 260 Rem Sporter for sale

Had a customer contact be asking if i could help him sell a rifle i built for him. Apparently i shipped the rifle to him and he had some health issues and never shot the rifle.

Told him to send the rifle to me to evaluate as it was hard to believe it had not been fired but sure enough it appears to be just as i shipped.

This is one of my early APS Sporters in 260 Rem.

-fully blueprinted Rem 700 SA
-right hand
-23" stainless fluted Lilja #4 8 twist barrel
-mcmillan BDL sporter stock w/ adl style magazine,13.5" LOP, 1" decel pad, 50% dark brown 50% black gel coat mable finish
-comes with standard leupold one piece base with 1" rings

Retested rifle for accuracy when it arrived back and with the 130 gr. Accubond was printing right at 1/2 moa.

Bore is mint, complete rifle is mint other then one small rub on the outside edge of crown, no effect on appearance or performance.

If ordered new today would cost $2300.

Seller wants to try to get $1700.

Posting this on my ipad so posting pictures is a pain so if interested please email me at [email protected] to get pics. Very nice little compact rifle. Hard to think of a better truck or stand rifle. Appears a picture got attached but upside down, sorry.

Thanks
Kirby Allen
Fiftydriver

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 12
Right at 8 lbs bare rifle weight.

Need to make a correction, its a #5 contour barrel.

Yes this could be converted for a BDL floorplate or detachable mag system but that additional work would be between the buyer and me, not the seller. So selling rifle first, if mods are wanted, we can certainly do that after the purchase.

Thanks guys.

My test load with te 130 gr accubond clocked 2820 fps from this relatively short barrel.

Thats about where it should be for a 24" barrel length. Would probably do 2850 fps pretty easily with the best powders. Some of the best powders for velocity are often not the very best for all around performance.

kirby,

Can you email me the starting load you used and the OAL so that I can start a load for it??

Thank you

Mario

Ok. What powder did u start with?? Or can u give me the powder and starting grains. Or what U shot 1/2 Moa with.

Thanks. Mario