Applied Ballistics Mobile app

Made my first 1000 meter hit with the help of this program! And Savage with the 10 FCP rifle in 308, Hornady with the 178 BTHP Superformance load, Vortex with the PST 6-24 scope.

I used Bryan's G7 data of 0.257 for the bullet, then thought I was getting a little more velocity than advertised with my 26 inch barrel (I wasn't. :rolleyes:) I had gotten the rifle back from the smith with a new muzzle brake Tuesday, zeroed it Wednesday at 100 m and checked at 300 m, got impatient today and went for the 1k mark. My first shot was low and right (I suck at wind doping), after a couple corrections I was on target, hit after hit on an 18x18 target. Analyzing later, I see I am rising through 10-12 feet over flat ground, probably 20-30 feet over terrain in some areas. The wind was higher in velocity at those higher areas, something I didn't appropriately account for. After correcting for the muzzle velocity and the increase in wind, I believe I'll be able to make cold bore hits. At freaking 1000 meters. That would be sweet. :D

Yes, I know you guys are better and can do better at 2 km or more, but I'm learning... :cool:

Made my first 1000 meter hit with the help of this program! And Savage with the 10 FCP rifle in 308, Hornady with the 178 BTHP Superformance load, Vortex with the PST 6-24 scope.

I used Bryan's G7 data of 0.257 for the bullet, then thought I was getting a little more velocity than advertised with my 26 inch barrel (I wasn't. :rolleyes:) I had gotten the rifle back from the smith with a new muzzle brake Tuesday, zeroed it Wednesday at 100 m and checked at 300 m, got impatient today and went for the 1k mark. My first shot was low and right (I suck at wind doping), after a couple corrections I was on target, hit after hit on an 18x18 target. Analyzing later, I see I am rising through 10-12 feet over flat ground, probably 20-30 feet over terrain in some areas. The wind was higher in velocity at those higher areas, something I didn't appropriately account for. After correcting for the muzzle velocity and the increase in wind, I believe I'll be able to make cold bore hits. At freaking 1000 meters. That would be sweet. :D

Yes, I know you guys are better and can do better at 2 km or more, but I'm learning... :cool:

Give yourself some credit, 1000m with a 308 is no walk in the park! Good shooting!

Search as I might, but there's no Applied Ballistics in sight! Seems like I've been all through the App Store and even using their search engine--nothing.

How are you accessing Applied Ballistics to download into your Android tablet, Phone or Pad?

Does anyone know if the Burris ballistic plex reticle is one of the selectable reticals? I have two scopes with that reticle and it would sure be useful. Just one more reason to buy the program.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.