Applied Ballistics...disappointed:(

Ingwe

just wondering if anyone here has had a negative interaction with AB.

I emailed them about a month ago asking them if the provided a rifle load development service but I didn't receive a reply. Thinking that they didn't receive my email I phoned them a week ago with my request. The person who I spoke to took down my information and told me that someone would call me ASAP.....but as I said that was a week ago.

I am surprised and a bit disappointed in this so I am wondering if anyone here has done business with them.

I saw from their website that they do provide several interesting services but this sort of thing discouraged me from thinking about doing business with them

I've had nothing but positive interaction with AB folks. I had an issue about a year ago with a product and they were right on top of correcting the issues at the expense.
I've been happy with all things AB.

Trust me when I say that I'm not a demanding type of guy but 2X to be left hanging is unacceptable to me.

AB is basically a science / mathematics company. I understand they have a rifle range for customers to use. Load development may not be their cup of tea.

I have a Kestrel with AB and it needs a lot of information to calculate the fall and drift of any rifle-bullet combo I plug into it. then it also has a way to correct the info for real world results.

I hear you Dan, but whether or not they do rifle development or not isn't the purpose of my post. The point of it is what seems to be pretty **** poor customer service. The curtesy of an answered email or phone call is pretty basic stuff even if you know that you are not going to make money off of someone's inquiry

Sorry you had a poor experience. I think we can all empathize that those experiences can be frustrating.

My only experience with them was positive from several years ago. Despite setting a 200 yard zero, my ballistic chart with AB showed POI of +0.9 inches at 200 yards. They politely and promptly responded to my question and informed me that result could be due to aerodynamic jump if I had a crosswind entered in the app (I did; and didn't know anything about aerodynamic jump at the time).

Customer service is customer service. If you do not have the answers and are or are not willing to get them-just tell me you suck from the beginning and I'll take business where it's appreciated. I understand not everyone has the answer that picks up the phone. Be honest and say it. How you take of customers is taken into consideration with future and recommended purchases.

Reputation will follow and business will reflect.

I am dealing with this from another company. Phone call Monday says it shipped out, email yesterday said it's backordered. Just don't BS your customer base. If your gear is good as is customer service, people will continue to support business.

Take a look at the professional gunsmiths on this site. They have long wait times but their shops are full of work. Probably because they interact with the customer and deliver the goods.

+1 on Steve from Hammer Bullets...speedy responses and answers.

Customer service is customer service. If you do not have the answers and are or are not willing to get them-just tell me you suck from the beginning and I'll take business where it's appreciated. I understand not everyone has the answer that picks up the phone. Be honest and say it. How you take of customers is taken into consideration with future and recommended purchases.

Reputation will follow and business will reflect.

I am dealing with this from another company. Phone call Monday says it shipped out, email yesterday said it's backordered. Just don't BS your customer base. If your gear is good as is customer service, people will continue to support business.

Take a look at the professional gunsmiths on this site. They have long wait times but their shops are full of work. Probably because they interact with the customer and deliver the goods.

+1 on Steve from Hammer Bullets...speedy responses and answers.

I Totally agree and I did:)

I happen to remember your email coming through, and I remember Bryan responding to it a while back. Have you checked your Spam folders and otherwise? I remember Bryan personally responding.

To answer the question we do not offer that service at this time.

I happen to remember your email coming through, and I remember Bryan responding to it a while back. Have you checked your Spam folders and otherwise? I remember Bryan personally responding.

To answer the question we do not offer that service at this time.

Yes Doc, he did respond to my email yesterday and tell me that you do not provide that service.

Thank You for reaching out to me

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.