Anywhere for 2018

tctt3

I've searched the forums, but thought I'd just see what you guys thought. I went with the LRH group to WY this past fall and I'm hooked on the backcountry. I don't have any points for Wyoming for next year, but want to go somewhere. I've been leaning towards archery, but I'm open to anything. I don't have to harvest a trophy, but would like to know there's a chance. I'm looking for good odds, backcountry on horses. Nothing fancy. Looks like Colorado may be my best bet of state, but I've never actually talked with anyone that's used a guide there or has experience with a particular area or outfit. Any help or direction is appreciated.

Have you considered Idaho? Some decent back country OTC elk tags available.
I've considered everywhere. Really looking for advise on a guided horse trip with people that have actually been. I've only been with NTO in WY and I could tell someone exactly what to expect with those guys. However, I've heard so many horror stories, I just don't want to go out and spend that kind of time and money for a dud of a hunt.

Black Mountain Outfitters, Emigrant MT.. Scott and Sandy Sallee. Awesome back country Hunt in MT that is on the northern border of Yellowstone.
Been 3 times, doubtful if I will go elsewhere for a quality hunt as this.

Black Mountain Outfitters, Emigrant MT.. Scott and Sandy Sallee. Awesome back country Hunt in MT that is on the northern border of Yellowstone.
Been 3 times, doubtful if I will go elsewhere for a quality hunt as this.
Can i get a MT tag for this year? No points needed?

I've considered everywhere. Really looking for advise on a guided horse trip with people that have actually been. I've only been with NTO in WY and I could tell someone exactly what to expect with those guys. However, I've heard so many horror stories, I just don't want to go out and spend that kind of time and money for a dud of a hunt.

Sorry. I thought you were looking for DIY. I can't make any outfitter recommendations.

How was your NTO experience? Likes, any dislikes, did you harvest, etc?

That may provide responders with a better sense of what you are looking for.

How was your NTO experience? Likes, any dislikes, did you harvest, etc?

That may provide responders with a better sense of what you are looking for.
Loved NTO. Backcountry Hunt out of drop tents. On horse everyday for hours. Had a chance to shoot a 5pt almost every day, but guide was patient while we were chasing a monster. Ended up taking a 4pt on the last evening. Awesome hunt and experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts