Anyone with a-tip terminal performance feedback?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by djfergus, Nov 18, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. djfergus

djfergus Well-Known Member

Would like to hear from some more folks about a-tip terminal performance. 230s in particular.

2. can1010

can1010 Well-Known Member

there is a tread on long range only for the 230 a-tip performance with pictures and it is devastating. just might be to much of a good thing for expansion. they are running them at pretty high velocity

idcwby and djfergus like this.
  3. djfergus

djfergus Well-Known Member

I will check it out, thank you

4. cohunt

cohunt Well-Known Member

summary from other site-- 3 small deer shot (sitka) -- impact velocities in the 2200-2300 fps range, small hole in, 2-3" hole out--no bullets recovered, still testing and waiting on results from larger animals--no bullet fragments like when a berger bullet is used

my guess is they are either mushrooming, or tumbling--either way, so far they are killing

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    djfergus likes this.
  5. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

Trying not to get too excited but have some of the .375 cals on back order. It will probably be next season before I can test them on game.

Rum Man and djfergus like this.
  6. snox801

snox801 Well-Known Member

Man I’m glad I saw this. I have been waiting for a large .375 can’t believe I missed this. Time to make the .375 AM able to feed more than one round per time. I just sent it back out to get load work for the hammers but this has me thinking twice. I have 400gr lasers now but these may be the better option.

Rum Man and Bravo 4 like this.
  7. Rum Man

Rum Man Well-Known Member

I stopped yesterday at the local Gun Shop and picked up some Nv570 for the 300 Rum ..he process to so me the 230 's and a 250 gr. !! Holy crap ! I need a lower twist but Wow ! Got my heart racing.
    Now I'm going back today to ask about the 375 cal. hmm I'm setting here with 100 pcs of new ADG 375 Ultra Brass and a action ! McGowan just posted 10% off barrels ! Might have to stop over there to !

Rum Man

Bravo 4 likes this.
  8. snox801

snox801 Well-Known Member

Yep I spent $200 in shipping for Kirby to do a load work up and I’m scrapping g that for these. I paid for a repeater I may as well use it. Wonder if the real bc will be better than the cutting edge.

Bravo 4 likes this.