Anyone use CT 160 grain Partition Gold (moly) bullets in 7mm STW ?

drakehammer

I am looking for load data and/or loading suggestions from anyone who may have achieved good accuracy with the old 160 grain moly-coated Combined Technology Partition Gold bullets with their 7mm STW. My rifle is a trued Remington 700 action wearing a 9-twist 4-groove 26" heavy sporter Brux barrel fitted with a Vais muzzle brake. Plenty of powder choices on hand, RL22, RL25, RL26, 7828 long and short, H1000, Retumbo. Also have most all of the most popular primer choices on hand. I have not begun testing with these bullets yet. Just a little concerned about the poor accuracy some claim on the intergoogle.
Thank you for any suggestions.

Ps. I am also willing to part with these bullets if anyone is interested.

I would start with Retumbo, then RE25. I used 7828 many years ago with 160g pills of different varieties, but mostly with Speer Grand Slams. Also, you could try H1000, but case fill will be lower.
I've only used Partition Gold factory ammo in 270.

Cheers.

It shoots 168 Berger Classic Hunters great with RL25. Just a little hesitant to hunt deer with them at STW velocities. My shots are typically <100 yards. I've never had to shoot a deer over 250 yards or so. That's kinda how I ended up with the CTPGs, looking for a little tougher bullet. .

Last edited:
It shoots 168 Berger Classic Hunters great with RL25. Just a little hesitant to hunt deer with them at STW velocities. My shots are typically <100 yards. I've never had to shoot a deer over 250 yards or so. That's kinda how I ended up with the CTPGs, looking for a little tougher bullet. .
Get some tmk's there as tuff as a partition.

I bought 4 boxes of those 160 CTs when they stopped making them because they shot so good in my Browning Stainless
Stalker 7mm . I bet 30 - 40 animals from coyote, black bear to moose and a bison have been killed. Only load for hunting.
Thanks! They were the CT partition gold right?

Yes

Attachments

• IMG_5658.jpeg
    IMG_5658.jpeg
    922.5 KB · Views: 16