Anyone up to a challenge?

Hi guys i have been viewing this thread and AR's thread on this topic and may i ask you something? why are you bothering with it? i mean really are you guys that dedicated to show someone that you can outshoot him? then what? another argument will arise (thats what forums do). No matter what happens on the day to me its a waste of useful energy and you could be doing much more important things IMHO). If they dont want to believe the shot performed by goodgrouper than who gives 1? If grouper was a good liar and it turned out to be all crap than thats his loss but from what i see it seems all good. Guys i think what im trying to say is keep your available energy saved for something thats usefull & helpfull for other people on this site. The reason why alot of people change forums is because of the politics on them (who gives 1????) to me its about the association and learning of each other. So my suggestion is keep it to a informative site not a political.

Adrian

P.S I know you guys arnt the 1s to start any of this but dont follow through. Its just wastes too much precious time of yours. Sorry to but in like this but i enjoy this forum and what it has to offer about long range shooting.

I have an Idea, lets all get together at a location that is within resonable travel distance,(I say central utah, dont you think goodgrouper) shoot to our hearts content at whatever distances we want, then when we are all done, take a photo of all our a$$es hanging out. And label it "Long Range Hunting Fraternity". Then post it at accuratereloading.com.!!! Or where ever else we please.

Well, I,m in for the shoot anyway, since I dont care what other experts on other forums think anyway! I only compete against my last best shot.

LiteTac

Ya know I am normally a betting man and always up for a good challenge, But I have to agree with Ageo308 on this. If it was something like: come on give r a fling I betcha a $1 ya cant, then by all means have fun. But I have read the post to both sides and feel its more of a set-up than anything else.

I mean this, the writer offering the challenge has already stated that he feels shooting like this is inappropriate and definitely unsportsman like. He goes on to say whether the shooter hits or misses the writer still has his story.

Now heres my bet, I'll bet that win or lose the article will be written negatively against long range shooting either way, so really either way you lose and either way I am sure the article will make negative statements about the shooter and others who think and do alike with no real mention to as to the experience these people have, the time and effort they put in to do these types of things and the ethics that most on this site and most that do this type of shooting have.

I say don't stoop to their level!!

And if you still want a challenge try it with a shotgun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That'll givem something to write about.

Good luck with whatever you decide,
Ben

Maybe I missed something here, but why not recommend this person attend any 1K highpower match and observe the groups that are shot. This should convince an unbeliever of many riflemans abilities. It did me.
db

If you read his post he said nobody on the AR forum shoots as much as he does at 800 & 1000 yards. Then he also goes on to say he knows what wind can do to a bullet and that is his reason no one can hit the target 9 out of 10 times. He also goes on saying that who ever takes the challenge can shoot prone and he will shoot sitting making it sound like he can beat anybody shooting this way. I can see the point about the article being wrote his way and putting long range hunting down. So it is probably best to let it go. I know one thing there is someone on this forum who has been reading this post and keeping silent who could hand this AnotherAZWritter his *** anyday at the range and you know who you are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is a set up for sure.
Arizona desert, one shot every hour, next it will be July 4th.
Besides the articule has already been wrote...http://www.6mmbr.citymaker.com/TacticalFroggyA1.html
If this guy shoots this much, he knows what modern tech has available and already knows it is possible to kill Elk at 800 yards, when the shooter can deside to shoot, stalk, or pass. No hunter has to take a shot at 2:00 on July 4th in BFE Arizona when the temp is 120 deg.
Any 1K comp will prove lots of people are capable of shooting Elk at 800 yards. A day at any local range will prove lots of people should NOT be shooting at anything!
He seems to wan't to prove something that will still just be debateable I think he just likes to debate!!
Take care CAM

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.