Vortex Challenge

Yeah, there were the top three (including the Murray's) then everyone else!

So what you are saying is that the top 3 were talented and the rest were not. I figured the custom rifle guys, manufactures shooters, and others with skin in the game were talented shooters too. Oh well, still a hoot in my book.

So what you are saying is that the top 3 were talented and the rest were not. I figured the custom rifle guys, manufactures shooters, and others with skin in the game were talented shooters too. Oh well, still a hoot in my book.

Not at all. You're putting words in my mouth. There were lots of very talented shooters. But, at least two of the top three teams have shown by their placing and scores year after year that they have separated themselves from the pack. They also are close enough to shoot the course more often than many which doesn't hurt either.

Gotcha. I have no clue. I just learned of this event recently and didn't have any idea what to expect, other than watching the vid. 12-13 pts is all that separated the 3rd place team through 10th.
To shoot the match perfectly the score is 151 I believe. It seems easy in theory and then you get out there the game changes. My brother is still texting me about being mad at himself for the first station mess up etc.. I could care less, there is nothing better than being out with family and friends building memories.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.