Anyone shootin PVAs new high BC copper bullets?

no experience with them, but with plenty of experience of PVA's apparent motto of "it's never our fault", I think I'd go with other suppliers. too many good shops & bullet companies out there to put up with PVAs lack of standing behind their promises.

I ordered 200 of the 178gr Cayuga 30 cal bullets. Having my 300wsm throated for em. Luckily if they don't work they have similar dimensions to the edge tlr and 200.20x Berger hybrid. They also have a 145gr 6.5mm bullet coming that's around 350g7 bc. I ordered a 7tw for it, just need to pick a chambering now to push em over 3200 fps w/o pressure signs.

Had to cancel my order today. Had called twice and they said each time, this week or next and expressed that they were trying.
So today emailed and said itd been since 1/17 and if they werent being made today - Monday I'd hafta cancel. The gent said they were awaiting materials to make em. And I'd be refunded.
I appreciate the honest response and his concern. But I cant shoot words so...

Last edited:
Sadly, pretty typical of PVA. They list something and trick buyers in to ponying up cash when it's really just vaporware. Sorry you had the experience of dealing with Josh & Co there. They really have no clue what they're doing to their reputation and how they're driving away customers. Or, they just don't care. based on Josh's interactions, may be the latter there.

Hope you can find some good bullet options. I'm sure in the long run you'll be happier away from PVA.

Hmmm. Interested in the 170 7mm for an 8 twist 7 mag. If I try them, I will call and order over the phone and make sure they have the bullets in hand before I purchase. With the listed bc and the likely velocity, they are impressive on paper. Can't seem to find any terminal performance data other than a couple elk killed. Two or three critters isn't exactly concrete in my opinion. Hopefully someone tries them.

I'm going to load the 122s in my new 6.5 prc barrel. The last barrel pushed them at 3350fps w/ zero pressure. That barrel was from a new company and it was a dud. New carbon bartlein in Dallas Lanes shop getting twisted up right now. Hopefully it's a different story. This will probably be my antelope/deer gun. I've had good luck(half moa) with the 151s in my 7max. 3415fps is a little hot tho. Going to drop down to the lower node @ 3330 and try em there.

I'm going to load the 122s in my new 6.5 prc barrel. The last barrel pushed them at 3350fps w/ zero pressure. That barrel was from a new company and it was a dud. New carbon bartlein in Dallas Lanes shop getting twisted up right now. Hopefully it's a different story. This will probably be my antelope/deer gun. I've had good luck(half moa) with the 151s in my 7max. 3415fps is a little hot tho. Going to drop down to the lower node @ 3330 and try em there.
If a bartlein being installed by LPR doesn't shoot, I just wouldn't know what to do with myself....ha ha should be a winner.

Do they seem to pressure up like some other monos do, or are they pretty comparable to lead core bullets? I would think the 170's could dang near hit 3100 with the right powder in a 7 mag, I can get the 168 Bergers to a safe 3100 with the right powder and a 26". A 170 with a .375 G7 @3075+......that is a flat hammer from a 7 mag. The only thing left is accuracy and terminal performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts