anyone know if this rifle will shoot 70gr or heavier bullets well

Should be ok with 68-70's Remember length matters. VLD most likely not. Sierra's should work. Pretty sure there are bullets in this weight range that will shoot ok. You just have to try them. That's the fun part anyway, isn't it? I have a .223Wylde with 1-8. Really wads up 68's, it doesn't care for heavier. YMMV rifles are as much individuals as people.

Should be ok with 68-70's Remember length matters. VLD most likely not. Sierra's should work. Pretty sure there are bullets in this weight range that will shoot ok. You just have to try them. That's the fun part anyway, isn't it? I have a .223Wylde with 1-8. Really wads up 68's, it doesn't care for heavier. YMMV rifles are as much individuals as people.
I was hoping it was a 1-7 twist but it wasn't .

The 16" barrel is going to put you into a yucky zone with some 73-77gr bullets. They'll be stablized but "marginally stable" so you'll lose a lot of BC. I kind of doubt that you're worried about BC from a 16.5" pipe anyway though so like my previous post says, should be just fine up to 77gn. Note that 70's will be perfect from that barrel as a matter of how fast you can push them vs. BC vs. stability.

G'day SCSCHNUR
I use 75 ELDM with ADI 2208 your Varget and 77 Scenar with ADI 2206H your H4895. projectiles in my Remington VTR .223 I believe you are going to need speed up near your max loads (please watch for pressure signs as you get there ),
I couldn't get either of my loads to group until I got just over 2950 fps
My groups are both under half inch at 150 yards and I use these out to 800 weather permitting

Thanks fellas I believe I will pass on the Savage Stealth so I will keep looking. I want a bolt and prefer LH rifle but I have shot all my life with mostly RH guns. I know there are lots and lots of Lefty's out there that do the same. I just wish the companies would understand this more . Savage has more lefty rifles than any other company. I am debating on building my own it just gets expensive that way.

Thanks fellas I believe I will pass on the Savage Stealth so I will keep looking. I want a bolt and prefer LH rifle but I have shot all my life with mostly RH guns. I know there are lots and lots of Lefty's out there that do the same. I just wish the companies would understand this more . Savage has more lefty rifles than any other company. I am debating on building my own it just gets expensive that way.

G'day SCSCHNUR
I can give you my load data if you want it just remember it's for my rifle so it's the usual start low and work up
Cheers Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.