Anyone here use Cutting Edge Bullets?

boom stick

Does anyone here use Cutting Edge Bullets?
Cutting Edge Bullets Welcome
They have some pretty amazing stuff.
They have a new bullet out called the ESP Raptor that I helped design and came up with the concept that is having good results. I hope you try them and like them.

Yes there is, if you do a search, LTLR (LongTimeLongRanger) has written a couple of reports on the CE bullets in both .338 & .300 (IIRC). The reports on the .338 are outstanding to say the least....

Glad to hear the product line is expanding. I am sold on the .338 225 grain CEBs. I can push them to 3400 fps in my 338 Allen Xpress which makes a pretty special combination with the 0.64 BC on these. I have seen a mule deer and a mountain goat shot with these bullets, and the terminal performance was excellent. Definitely a great product!

Thanks for the replies.
The ESP Raptors are just coming out now. The terminal performance has been great and if any of you try them I'd love to hear your feedback. They seem amazingly accurate like all CEBs to boot.

That is one of the oddest looking projectiles I think I have ever seen... Interesting idea for sure, but a B.C. of .300??? That probably won't catch the eye of many LR hunters.

"Enhanced System Projectile (ESP) designed to be shot as a solid, hollow point without the Talon tip, or a hollow point with the supplied tip installed for long range shooting. Excellent lever gun bullet without the tip installed. Brass bullet is designed to magazine feed in any rifle. The BBW#13 nose profile on both ends of the bullet has proven to provide the deepest penetration of any nose profile to date. When shot with or without the tip, terminal performance is second to none for putting game on the ground quickly. BC is estimated to be .140 shot without the tip and is .300 with the tip installed."

Attachments

• ESP_C130_Raptor.jpg
    ESP_C130_Raptor.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 188
Some bullet diameters like the 338 will have two weights and better BC.
The light weight one should be good to 400 yards and still shear the petals by design and the heavy probably out to 600. Under 1600 fps it will act like a solid. Lots more info to come.

I was all set to try some in a 338 RUM but can't justify the cost, if I shoot the 338 4-500 rounds and my 270 WSM 1000 that puts me at 2 grand a year just in bullets:rolleyes:
I'm sure if I tried them I would like them so I'm not even going there!!!

Last edited:
I view the Raptors as an accurate premium hunting bullet not a target bullet. If I want a hunting bullet that has great terminal performance at ranges out to 600 yards I would want this. Past 600 yards CEB has some great other options. Most people hunt only a few big game a year and the rest is target. One box at 60 bucks could last a season. That is not too expensive. There are plenty of cheaper hunting bullets but these are the best in tests of accuracy and terminal performance. $20 more for the best is not asking much. Bullets are the cheapest part of the hunt and one of the most important. The beauty of this Raptor system is not so much in the traditional looks arena but in how accurate it is and how deadly it is. Game does not go far after one of these close to the right area. I hope some of you try them out.

There bullets look good but for those prices why in the world would anyone try them. There are to many premium bullets being made for 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.

I have tried the 225 grain 338s in my Khan. I am easily running them at 3450 fps and could probably get them to 3500 but I don't want to beat up my brass.

I have found them to be highly accurate and have shot them at ranges out to 1000 yards. The lighter weight bullet with a high bc makes for an interesting combination. Compared to my best load with a 300 grain Berger at 1000 yards I have 5 moa (50") less drop and significantly lower time of flight. Obviously energy is lower than a 300 but is still plenty.

As for the price. I do not plan to do my practice shooting with these. I will stick with SMKs or Bergers for that. However, it only takes 20 to 40 rounds to verify my drops the first time and then only 10 rounds or so each year to verify everything is still good. Then maybe 2 to 8 rounds to hunt with (depending on how many does I shoot). At the price, I certainly would not shoot a few hundred a year, but just for load / drop verification and hunting a box of 50 should last at least a year. $80 for a season supply of bullets is not much when you look at all the rest of the money we spend on this long range habit!

By the way, I am not associated with CE, just a customer, and a new one at that. I will see what I think in a few weeks when I put one through a whitetail. Although the reports have been good I am a little concerned about terminal performance. I am used to taking everything down in its tracks with the 300 SMKs or Bergers.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts