Anyone have the Browning X bolt Max LR?

coop2564

Local GS has one in 300 WSM thinking about trying one out, nice looking gun. Looks a lot like my Bergera HMR. Anyone know anything good or bad?

I have a x bolt in 270w its definitely a winner.

I'm curious for real world reactions as well. The only things I've found so far are promo videos and gun writer reviews. The former are paid for and the latter are. . . Ah, who am I kidding? The latter are paid for, too.

Seems like a decent package, assuming the retail price comes down a little from their current MSRP.

What are they asking for it?
Only one I've seen in stock is one in 6.5cm for about $1100
Not sure too many have made it to the "streets" yet

I've got a 300WM that it got out the door for $1189. Just finished breaking the barrel in, shoots very nice, love the adjustable stock. Haven't found the "perfect " bullet for it yet. Broke it in with a 190 grn that was leftover from another project, that it shot decent groups

Went back by and he sold the 300wsm ☹️. Had a 6.5cm he just got. Told him to call me if he found another 300wsm. Seems there are plenty of 6.5, 7RM and 300wm on street.

Word from my local guy is there are only a few early guns out there. He said the 300 WM and WSM aren't supposed to really get plentiful until fall. Good luck. I can check my guy to see if he's got one if you like.

Called cabelas in FT. worth they have a 6.5cm, 300WM. I got on their list for the 300wsm.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts