Anyone have luck with Accumark?

morning, wbee's can b very stressing to find a load. i have 3 the 257 was a

tough nut to crack. done with 4831sc, barnes mrx, 215's and wbee's brass.

now shoots .500. the 340 i got a load searching the web for accuracy loads

for 340wbee. found a load, 215 barnes mrx, 7828, 215p and wbee's.

.500-.700. the fun

of reloading is have a caliber that is mule headed. suggestion, seach the web

for accuracy loads, seach this mode for accuracy loads. u will find load.

i have found Barnes MRX bullets r good medicine. slow burning powders

work great in wbee's. i love my wbee's.gun)

just country, NRA-TSRA life member

morning, this to mudrunner2005 and jokostel. go back to school and learn

some respect. r u perfect?? this is a quick explanation. maybe u write with

ur feet. if so find a tree and hang out together. no disrespect i have some!!

just country NRA-TSRA life member lightbulb

Come on guys. It's not cool to make fun of someone that way.

The 270 Wby accumark I load for was not the hardest to find a load for but it was up there. That said, it is a solid 600yard hunting rifle.

The Weatherby chambering have unique attributes that take some getting used to.

I wont touch a Weatherby. The only "Roy" caliber I ever dealt with was a 257 Weatherby, in a M700 LSS. She was a tac driver; during a hunt the barrel got gouged, and I got rather upset. I traded that off, and never looked back.
Weatherby's 1.5moa guarantee is a joke, considering your going to get better with an entry level Ruger at 1/4 of the cost.
I have 3 Nosler M48 Patriots, paid 1499 each for the things.... however they are ALL 1/2 moa or under. Just wish that the 6.5s had a bit better barrel life.... but you pay to play. I have my range rifle/truck rifle being built... hopefully done by January...
I'll have 2 280 Ackleys in the fleet.... I doubt I'll be in the mood to have them eat the same load... gun)

I have an Accumark in 338-378. I skim bedded it before ever firing it, but the first group out of this gun was right at 1 moa. After brief load development it was shooting regularly in the .6s and .7s. I just put in a lighter trigger spring (great upgrade - it's now better than my Timneys). With the "new" trigger I'm getting 1" groups at 200 yards. Its probably capable of better but I'm still using virgin brass, and with my hunt coming up I'm content with this load for now. 250 Accubond, 107.0 H1000, 2975 fps.

During load development I did get a number of groups out in the 1.5-2 moa range. I also have to make sure I have a consistent rest or I'll get fliers. I think the big cartridge and relatively light barrel just makes for a whippy package. A bedding job, good trigger, the right load and a good rest are what it takes to keep my Wby happy.

This ones an Atascadero built "sporter" with a wood stock , #2 contour regular barrel , factory pressure point , not bedded ..

morning very very nice, i love accuracy. i use a smith in hempstead,tx.

extremely good smith. he tells me how much, and i will have a complete job

within a yr. or less. depending of work load, single man operation, amount

of work start to finish. Pete Pieper. this man is outstanding smith.

Precision Barrel Work. 979-826-2563.gun)

just country NRA-TSRA life member i read capstick's book, very very intriqueing. man was a man.

I've had my accumark .257 Wby since new (2008), and it has always been a minute of deer gun. I've put maybe 200 rounds down the barrel since new. Took it to my smith earlier this year, and he said the bore was junk and had ATLEAST 5 tight spots in the bore that were there from the factory.

Told me that I should send it back to Wby and make them replace the barrel for free.

MudRunner2005,
Did your rifle come with the Weatherby test target?? I have purchased several Weatherbys, all of which came with the test target fired at the factory, showing the groups it shot and what ammo was used.
I'm thinking if the factory target showed it was "in spec" with the Weatherby standards, they would not even talk to you about replacing the barrel, much less actually change it for free.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

**** I realize this thread is very old, but I was wondering about the test target. Thanks ****

They only send the rifles with a test target if you buy the RC or range certified. My guess is they shoot every rifle and the ones who shoot sub moa go in the RC box and the ones who shot 1.5 go in a different box

MudRunner2005,
Did your rifle come with the Weatherby test target?? I have purchased several Weatherbys, all of which came with the test target fired at the factory, showing the groups it shot and what ammo was used.
I'm thinking if the factory target showed it was "in spec" with the Weatherby standards, they would not even talk to you about replacing the barrel, much less actually change it for free.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

**** I realize this thread is very old, but I was wondering about the test target. Thanks ****

That rifle has been gone nearly a year now, and when I traded it off, I gave them the original box and all the original box contents. It could have had one, but I don't recall ever seeing a test target in the box.

They only send the rifles with a test target if you buy the RC or range certified. My guess is they shoot every rifle and the ones who shoot sub moa go in the RC box and the ones who shot 1.5 go in a different box
If I am remembering correctly, you are right, in that only the RC and Sub-MOA models get a test target sent with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.