Anyone have luck with Accumark?

Ed Weatherby is really stepping up the program at Weatherby. Check out www.weatherby.com for all the new stuff including the new Mark 5 accuracy warranty. Weatherby | Mark V

so now they guarantee sub moa accuracy? after i buy a rifle !

latest

I'm getting ready to start load development for an accumark in the 338 lapua RC using lapua brass with 300 grain bergers. Any suggestions?

Corey

I'm getting ready to start load development for an accumark in the 338 lapua RC using lapua brass with 300 grain bergers. Any suggestions?

Corey

LOL. sell it now before you know what you got into!

just kidding. my accumark in .338 lapua has been a nightmare as far as accuracy and load development. it has been suggested to me to drop down to a 250 gr bullet after having zero accuracy with a 300 gr bullet. i was told it is a lot more work trying to get the best accuracy out of a 300 gr bullet from the shorter 26 inch barrel. not that it wont work, but you may spend a lot of time and money trying to get the 300 gr to work with that rifle like i have.

retumbo and rl-33 are proven slow burning powders that have worked well in the 338lm. i have used both as well as 215m primers

I use the CCI 250 in everything they will fit in from 22-250 and up to 300 Weatherby. 300 RUM and up I get hang fires unless I use FED-215. You will hear your firing pin drop in <40 degree weather for sure on a Lapua.

On the Lapua with 300 grain bullets I had good luck with Retumbo and RL-33. In your short barrel the 7828 just might work but don't expect much for speed. I hate it if I can't shoot any flatter than a 308 unless I'm actually shooting a 308.

its been a long time since ive posted on the issue so heres my update on my mark 5 .338lm. i gave a good look at my stock and action and indeed did have a ton of movement when i loosened up the screws. i gave it a tight bedding job and loaded up 5 rounds each of .5 gr increments from 92-94 gr of retumbo with 300 gr accubonds. each 5 shot group was 2-2.5 inches.

im ready to throw this thing in the river. ive never seen a rife that is such a pain to get any kind of grouping. i have close to 300 rounds down this thing and havnt seen a better group then 1.5 -2 inch at 100 yards, and that may have been a fluke

Did you try another scope yet? Sometimes that is the problem.

I'm having great accuracy with my accumark RC 338 Lapua. Mine has been glass bedded including the chamber and a trigger job including an upgraded trigger spring. The sectional denisty of this load is an amazing 1 with a extreme spread of 2. Check with a magnetto speed. My next step is to trajectory validate. I've never seen better for sd and es. My velocity isn't great but out of a 26" barrel with a 300 gr berger bullet will work for the distances and elevations I hunt.The group in the picture is a three shot group.

Corey

Attachments

• 20160114_065206.jpg
    20160114_065206.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 65
1654390_900714096692194_1211870936148610380_n.jpg

this is the best group ive gotten so far out of mine. 5 shots with berger 250s, 87.5 gr of retumbo loaded to mag length . i have no idea of velocity .

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.