Anyone have any results with handloads in 300 WM Sig Sauer Brass?

dibbs

Curious as to how your pet loads in Winchester Brass compare. My lot of Sig Sauer brass is approximately 15 grains heavier than the WW 300 WM brass. I'm getting ready to work up test loads in the Sig brass. Thanks

I'm still waiting on new barrel install, but I can say, after measuring about 200 pieces of new Sig 300 WM brass, that it is the most consistent brass I've ever measured for neck thickness and weight. Time will tell how tough the primer pockets are.

I wish I was set up to load at the range. I would pick five cases and ... abuse them. I'll likely start testing some of these in the next few days, weather permitting. I too have a fresh barrel...and it shot extremely well for me last weekend with WW Brass/RL26/Berger 210 LRBT (and I'm not a great shot). Guess I better dig into the quality brass.

I'm still waiting on new barrel install, but I can say, after measuring about 200 pieces of new Sig 300 WM brass, that it is the most consistent brass I've ever measured for neck thickness and weight. Time will tell how tough the primer pockets are.
How much variation in weight did you see?

1.3 gr on 200 pieces. I'm sure they probably weight sort at factory.
I think they're just that consistent. My lot of Sig brass that was made by ADG is the same weight as the lot made by Sig, and I believe the same weight as your separate lot numbers from a completely different state.

I've been running the 200gr eldx with 76.9gr of H1000 and getting 2930fps out of a stock 24" Savage barrel. I'm on my 7th reload and the primer pockets haven't moved. I have a few that are a little looser than others from the upper end of a couple different ladders I ran.

Thanks Gord0. I shot a few test loads today in the new brass, and with the thicker case it appears my "max" load will be 1-1.5 grains less powder than what I am using in WW brass in MY RIFLE. As you stated, the ADG brass is extremely consistent. I'll be loading more tonight, and weather permitting shooting them tomorrow. I'm using 210 Bergers in a Broughton barrel chambered by Rbros Rifles in 300 WM. It is a lazer! When I finalize the load I will post back.

Neck consistency on the brass I have is just downright amazing. I'm not sure you'd be able to turn it any better than it is. I believe dok7mm found the same as I.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.