anyone else planning there first antelope hunt

pseshooter300

I am in the early stages of planning a Wyoming antelope hunt only buying points this year for lopes and deer in Wyoming. Just seeing who else is out there planning.

Topgun 30-06

I'm heading out there tomorrow night for 8 weeks to chase bulls, bucks, and antelope. I have 4 deer PPs and will buy another 1 or 2 before using them on the LE unit I want to hunt. I've been going out there most every year since the early 90s.

Dalebow

I am heading out in 3 weeks for Rifle antelope on the Moore Ranch and Rifle Mule deer..first time to WY, cant wait.

mbundy

I'm heading out on my first "speed goat" trip tomorrow. I drew a non-resident "Utah 5048 - SW Desert" tag and will be hunting with Charlier Leeder.

I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be, but will arrive with custom Remingnton 600 chambered in 7-08 AI. Load development has me shooiting 140g Northforks @ 2700fps, which are grouping sub 1/4 inch.

I'm super excited about the hunt. Can't wait to glass and stalk tons of game before putting the crosshairs on a record book pronghorn!

Stay tuned,
Mike

Canvsbk

We leave on the 26th. A stop over in South Dakota for some praire dog entertainment is 1st. Then over to Wyoming, set up camp and a couple days scouting before the real fun starts. After countless hours of map study, (I've got more maps than the BLM office) - many phone calls and emails......I think we're ready. I also have a late season cow elk tag so I'll be going back out there in November sometime.
Good luck to all and be safe out there.

Gene R.

Yep, well kinda. Not my first goat trip, but it is for my buddy. I've just been deer hunting last 4 trips out west. But I'll tell ya, I'm pumped to hunt the goats and deer this trip. 31 days till departure:D.

Gene

Rucker61

I'm heading to Wyoming in just under two weeks for my first hunt of anything in almost 40 years. I have two doe tags and will be hunting a 17,000+ acre ranch that doesn't get much hunting at all. I'll be returning in November to shoot a pesty whitetail to protect the rancher's hay ;)

Triple BB

Not my first hunt, but my first time hunting this area. Drew a left over tag and bagged this respectable goat in a walk in area last Sat. Last years mild winter/spring seems to have a lot of goats looking better than the year before with the crap winter we had then...

Attachments

• Goat9-15-2012.JPG
    Goat9-15-2012.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 76